Court Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
J Spreitzer

Court Records

Post by J Spreitzer »

My second great grandfather, Guiseppe Gal Macario born Jun 1820 Corio,Torino, Italy was the victim of a murder/robbery approximately 1893. He was murdered in his home in Corio, Italy where he had a large sum of money he had withdrawn to sent to the USA. Money was to be used to release his son Giovanni Macario from jail in the USA (Grundy County, Ill.).
Where do I write to obtain the records of his murder and the arrest of the suspect(s).
Per my grandfather his daughter Barbina's lover murdered him.
Any help would be appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Court Records

Post by adelfio »

Hello and welcome to IG website

What I would do is get the death act first from the town of Corio to get the right dates
You can do that here in the US at a Family History Library they have film you can rent and view records of births, banns, marriages, deaths from Corio, Torino, Italy. If your sure about the town of the death The film Morti 1878-1908 Family History Library INTL Film 2096352 Item 1 will get the info you need. Then once you have that info you can contact the Archivio di stato di Torino they should have some info there about the murder in the court records

FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty