Family tree for Gitto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gitto

Family tree for Gitto

Post by gitto »

I am looking for any detail for the family tree Gitto, from Sicily Messina Italy, specifically Milazzo, Francesco Gitto, married Gusepinna , son Fortunato Gitto
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Family tree for Gitto

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you provide approximate dates of birth/marriage?

T.
fgitto

Post by fgitto »

Hi Tessa, my parents, Fortunato gitto and Gioachina trio were married in Sydney Australia in 1962. My fathers parents are no longer with us, but lived in Milazzo, whilst my mothers parents lived in st Pietro
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

fgitto wrote:Hi Tessa, my parents, Fortunato gitto and Gioachina trio were married in Sydney Australia in 1962. My fathers parents are no longer with us, but lived in Milazzo, whilst my mothers parents lived in st Pietro
The online records for Milazzo at the familysearch.org site go to year 1908 for births and 1910 for marriages.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D1887904

If Fortunato married in 1962 - what was his year of birth? (I am assuming a range of 1930-1940 approximately.)
Looking for his parents, Francesco and Giuseppina, would be very difficult without some approximate dates for their marriage and/or birth.

With a quick look at just the year 1908 for births in Milazzo, there are 3 GITTO records - with one of them for Andrea Francesco Antonino Gitto - BUT there is no way to connect this person to your family :?

Can you provide any additional details? Did Francesco and Giuseppina also immigrate to Australia, or did they remain in Milazzo?
Any additional information will help us to assist in your search. :-)

T.
fgitto

Post by fgitto »

Hi there
Apologies for the delayed reply
My father, Fortunato Gitto was born on the 23rd July 1929 in Milazzo, ME.
My mother, Gioachina was born on 10th Aug 1936 in St Pietro, Milazzo, ME.
They migrated to Sydney Australia in 1961 and were married in 1962