mary viccari/viencenn/vaccaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dquinn

mary viccari/viencenn/vaccaro

Post by dquinn »

I am searching for Mary with the last name (vaccari/viencenn/vaccaro)
I am not too sure of the spelling . She was born somewhere in Italy in
1912 . She moved to Ontario Canada with her sister and married my grandfather , Walter Quinn . On April 10 1940 , Mary gave birth to a boy, my father and she died 2 weeks after he was born . I am searching anyone that knows anything about this lady.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: mary viccari/viencenn/vaccaro

Post by suanj »

Hi. if you can find the marriage act, sure you can descover the just italian surname and other infos, most probable also the italian birthplace, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: mary viccari/viencenn/vaccaro

Post by brujaojos »

dquinn wrote:I am searching for Mary with the last name (vaccari/viencenn/vaccaro)
I am not too sure of the spelling . She was born somewhere in Italy in
1912 . She moved to Ontario Canada with her sister and married my grandfather , Walter Quinn . On April 10 1940 , Mary gave birth to a boy, my father and she died 2 weeks after he was born . I am searching anyone that knows anything about this lady.
Hi There,

Since you know when Maria (Mary) died, you can try to get her death certificate. The certificate could list where she was from as well as her parents' names.

Here's a link for obtaining certificates from Ontario.
http://www.cbs.gov.on.ca/mcbs/english/4ULUQT.htm

On this link also is how to obtain her marriage certificate. All these documents could have good clues on them.

If you father was baptized in a Catholic Church, there might be a chance that there are notations on the certificate and/or Priest's notes.

Here are some links for immigrations, but I'm not sure how Canada's system works. Here in the USA, women did not have to become naturalized. Naturalization for women didn't start till after 1927.

Here is that link.
http://www.genealogy.gc.ca/06/0603_e.html

Also, ask questions from your family. They might remember hearing something and/or even might say a region like they were Calabrese and that could help narrow some things down. Remember, the smallest tidbit of information could be the biggest clue.

I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum