Siena Contrade Flags

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Siena Contrade Flags

Post by johnnyonthespot »

fishacura wrote:Thanks Xaymara. I'll get right on it. Appreciate the idea!!!

Maybe I should just plan on a vacation to Siena and get them myself :lol:
If you have never been, then by all means please do so at the earliest opportunity.

Believe me, you will not regret it. :D
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Alitalia just offered special cabin class fares to Firenze! Verynice airport and no congestion and easy car rentals. Take me with you! =Peter=
~Peter~
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Dear fishacura,

I concur with you about Tuscanny, and notably Siena. It is easy to fall in love with that area. My wife and I vacationed there a few years ago. We missed the Palio, but watched in on film.
I can't blame you if you decide to go back. Great memories. :)

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fishacura »

johnnyonthespot wrote: If you have never been, then by all means please do so at the earliest opportunity.

Believe me, you will not regret it. :D
Johnny, check out my original post. We've been and loved it so much it's now our daughter's first name :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

My wife and I rented a small house in Settignano next to Fiesole. The house sat in his olive grove by the side of the road and we rented in October while the olives were being picked and they would squish in your mouth and the oil would pour out. Its the best time to go during this season.

Settignano is Michalangelo's hometown and his family house is open to the public and is at the end of the bus line from the Duomo and RR station (20 minutes) and up on the side of the Arno valley so you can see the entire city of Florence if you catch a lift up to the top of mountain and picnic.

Oh yes olne other thing there is an hourly superrapido in the early AM 6.7.8.9.10AM for two hour trip to Rome which we went for each day commuting to Rome and coming home in the evening,5,6,7,8,9,PM eating on the train or in Rome and catching the bus in Florence at the RR station to the last stop Settignano. =Peter=

Just ideas
~Peter~
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fishacura »

I recall driving north up toward Chinque Terra from there and learning the marble mountains were the same mountains from which many of his masterpieces came....
ritacoltrane

Post by ritacoltrane »

Did you ever locate a source to purchase contrada flags. I have the same issue - have done quite a bit of research, online, etc. and cannot locate a source.