Provenzano Family from Burgio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Carmela3834

Provenzano Family from Burgio

Post by Carmela3834 »

My grandmother was born 1888 in Burgio, Sicily . Her name was Alberta Provenzano. She and two of her brothers (Pietro and Vito) came to the U.S. in the late 1904. Her youngest brother Luciano remained in Burgio until his death. I think Luciano had at least 1 son, possibly 2 sons (not sure). I believe her mother's name was Laura Colletti. My grandmother settled in Tampa, FL and married my grandfather Rosario (Sam) Di Corte (who immigrated from Sambuca). I am trying to find out the first name of her father and if possible, the names of her grandparents. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Provenzano Family from Burgio

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website here you go
Birth record of Alberta Provenzano
INDEX#164
1888 Sept 24th in the town of Burgio at house on via Perricone #7
birth of Alberta Provenzano daughter of Antonino Provenzano age 40 farmer and Laura Colletti

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :937708265

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Antonino Provenzano and Laura Colletti (Parents of Alberta Provenzano )

INDEX#7
1881 Feb 5th in the town of Burgio appeared Antonino Provenzano age 25 farmer born and residing in Burgio son of deceased Pietro Provenzano and deceased Alberta Caruso married Laura Colletti age 20 spinner born and residing in Burgio daughter of deceased Vito Colletti and Orsola Ficarotta????

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :480329639

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Carmela3834

Post by Carmela3834 »

Dear Marty,

THANK YOU so very much for this information !! I have spent mnay days at the library, Ancestry.com, etc. trying to find this information that you provided ! YOU ARE THE BEST !!
;-)
Carmela
Carmela3834

Post by Carmela3834 »

Dear Marty,

THANK YOU so very much for all the information and links on my grandmother (Alberta Provenzano) ! I have spent many days at the library trying to find the information you sent me today! And attaching the links to the actual documents was extremely helpful. I am so appreciative of your assistance !

I do have additional questions on my grandfathers side. Since I am new to this forum, I'm not sure if I can post them here or start a new post. So, I'll post here and if you can help, that would be FANTASTIC.

My grandfather was Rosario Calogero Di Corte (born 8 / 28 / 1888. He came to the U.S. about 12/1/ 1899 and eventually came to Tampa, FL around 6/1909. Once here, he changed his name from Rosario to Samuel. He met and married my grandmother Alberta Provenzano and had 4 children (Pietro, Vito, Alberta and Luciano).

My questions pertain to Rosario's (Samuel's) parents and grandparents. I know his dad was Giuseppe Di Corte and his mom was Anna Colletti (Born 2/26/1852 and died 4 / 15/ 1919). I know Giuseppe's birth ( 10/15/1850)and death dates (12/26/1907). I have found info on Anna's mother, father and grandparents. I also have documentation on when Anna came to the U.S. (12/1/1899) with 3 children on the ship Bolivia.

BUT…. I cannot find anything on Giuseppe as far as how and when he came to the U.S. I know the name of his parents Rosario Di Corte and Francesca Franco, but not much more…..such as dates as to when they were born, married, lived, their parents, etc.).

So any information you can find would be fantastic !! Thank you again for all your help !

;-)
Carmela