Ciriello, Carmine/Stanco, Giuseppa Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Record # 9 for a translation please.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1067099068

And thank you to everyone who goes above and beyond translating in order to help us find our ancestors!
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Ciriello, Carmine/Stanco, Giuseppa Marriage

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Record No 9 Carmine Ciriello and Maria Giuseppa Stanco

Dated: 1898: 30 April at 10.40 a.m. in Frigento.

Carmine Ciriello, aged 27 (ventisette), Peasant Farmer (Contadino) born in Frigento and living in Frigento, son of Giuseppe Ciriello and Rosaria Cipriano both living in Frigento.

Maria Giuseppa Stanco, age 20 (venti), Peasant Farmer born and living in Frigento, daughter of the late (fu) Angelo Michele Stanco who lived in Frigento (when he was alive – in vita – I think) and Filomena ? not certain – Nuolo?

Witnesses: Giovanni di Stefano, Age 53, Falegname (Joiner, Carpenter) and
Carmine Pelosi, Age 50, possidente, Landowner

I just need to check on something and will come back if I find out. :)

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi again

I debated whether the letter was an N or a V and I think it is actually a V so Filomena Vuolo (but someone else may think differently) and she was still alive and living in Frigento according to this Marriage Act.

Angela :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Hi again

I debated whether the letter was an N or a V and I think it is actually a V so Filomena Vuolo (but someone else may think differently) and she was still alive and living in Frigento according to this Marriage Act.

Angela
Filomena's surname was Nudo, a surname in Frigento. I've seen it before in some of Dolores's records.
Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thanks, Angela and Erudita. I found this curious as I thought the marriage was in 1907....no?
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thanks, Angela and Erudita. I found this curious as I thought the marriage was in 1907....no?

1898 is the correct year.
Erudita
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

erudita74 wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:Hi again

Angela
Filomena's surname was Nudo, a surname in Frigento. I've seen it before in some of Dolores's records.
Erudita
Thank you Erudita. Initially I thought it was Nudo but because I know what the word means I decided that I was probably wrong and that the 3rd letter probably wasn't a d but an l and an o instead. :)

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thanks about the year, Erudita. I don't know where my mind was when I posted that.............:)
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thanks about the year, Erudita. I don't know where my mind was when I posted that.............:)
I think reading the year is often tricky at first anyways because it is written in one long word (milleottocentonovantotto) and also (where I live) in daily language we don’t say:

“The year (L’anno) one thousand (mille) eight hundred (otto cento) and ninety eight (novanta otto)”. We say “The year eighteen hundred and ninety eight” or mostly just "In eighteen ninety eight" (1898). :)

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

I like these little lessons, Angela. Keep them coming............:)
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:I like these little lessons, Angela. Keep them coming............:)
:lol: Sure will! :)

(To be honest I like like writing things down because it reinforces, and helps me to retain, what I know and also illuminates any gaps. The cool thing about writing things here is that there is always back up and any error or correction needed can be highlighted, and the information provided also expanded on - so it helps me too. :D )

Thanks for your comments Dolores, they always make me smile.

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Oh, thank YOU Angela. I really like to read the "lessons" here. It is a nice change.
Grazie,

Dolores