please help translate marriage records--two from Rapone

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
misschristi16
Master
Master

please help translate marriage records--two from Rapone

Post by misschristi16 »

Here is another marriage record from rapone that I am hoping someone could translate for me.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

1. Domenico Ciampa
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n289438172

I cannot express my thanks to everyone that helps translate--I have been waiting on records from Italy, and sometimes--well, almost every letter I send gets no response. I have had one letter returned with a birth record, that is all. So, since these records are available online now, I am so excited to be putting names in my family tree! I was at a total stand-still with my Italian family. I thank you all--very much!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: please help translate marriage records--two from Rapone

Post by Tessa78 »

Record #17
Dated 28 November 1885 at 10:10 Am at the town office in Rapone
Before the official appeared
1- Domenico Ciampa, 25, peasant farmer born in Rapone, resident of this comune, son of Vito Nicola residing New York; and of Margherita Pinto residing in Rapone.
AND
2 – Maria Cappiello, 20, peasant farmer born in Rapone, resident of this comune, daughter of deceased Angelo Maria who resided Rapone in his life; and of Angela Maria Guerra residing in Rapone.

Banns were posted on the 8th and 15th of November
The mother of the bride was present to give her consent.

FYI – the writing in the bottom left column is not related to this marriage. It is the notation by the official to close out the register.

T.
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

Interesting--Vito Nicola resided in New York.
Thank you for your help!
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

I also just realized i only included the one marriage record. Here is the other that I was hoping to have translated.

Thank you in advance!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

misschristi16 wrote:I also just realized i only included the one marriage record. Here is the other that I was hoping to have translated.

Thank you in advance!

Dated Dec 31, 1888 at 11 a.m. in the town hall of Rapone
Groom: Domenico Tozza, age 24, peasant/farmer, son of dec Michele (it says Michele had lived in the town when he was alive), and Cecilia Grieco, a resident in this town.
Bride: Rosa Pinto, age 22, daughter of Pietro Pinto, a miller, and Maria De Paola, a peasant/farmer. Witnesses were Giuseppe Ciampoli, age 30, a property owner, and Eduardo Cerreta, age 37, a Seritturale (I can't find a translation for this occupation). Marriage publications were on the 16th and 23rd of Dec.

The notation in the margin has nothing to do with your record. It has to do with the closing of the book for the year by the town officials.

Erudita