Teresti (Teresa)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
doni.will

Teresti (Teresa)

Post by doni.will »

I am a grand daughter that is looking for information on my grandma, Yvonne Christine(a) Teresti. I am unsure of the spelling of the surname and am having problems finding any families with that name.

She came to the United States 22 October 1947 as a "war bride" and I have the ship manifest with her listed with her married name Yvonne Williams. We are looking for family in Italy. She lived in Valdottavo, Italy with her mother.

From what we have stories on... She lived at a young age and was possibly born in Marseilles, Cher, Centre, France to Italian parents on 16 Jul 1917(9). From what we know she has two birth certificates. One French and one Italian. The year she was born was never truly known. She has an older brother Leonardo Teresti.

Her father, Germano, owned a shop in Marseilles and when he passed away her mother (name questionable) moved the family back to Italy, I assume to Valdottavo. Yvonne would have been young when the move happened and spoke French, from what she told us, the first four years of her life.

Any help or pointing me in a direction would be very appreciated.
Donielle
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Teresti (Teresa)

Post by Italysearcher »

It was very common for Italians living outside of Italy to register the births of their children with their town of origin in order to maintain Italian citizenship for their children. Write to the town and request a copy of the birth record.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
doni.will

Post by doni.will »

Ann- Thank you for your reply. Valdottavo such a small community would it be reasonable to write to Lucca instead or is there a possibility that Valdottavo would have the records that I am looking for?

Donielle
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Valdottavo is a frazione (suburb) of comune Borgo a Mozzano so the civil records would be there

POSSIBLE MARRIAGE RECORD OF Germano Teresti
INDEX#10
1903 Feb 8th in the town of Borgo a Mozzano appeared Germano Teresti age 33 mason born in Lucca son of father and mother unknown married Libera Andreini age 23 born in Valdottavo daughter of deceased Carlo Andreini and Caterina Meconi

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350076201

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
doni.will

Post by doni.will »

Oh my gosh! You just made my day...week....month! Many thanks! That gives me a great starting point!