Giovanni Sottosanti -Mother's last name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Giovanni Sottosanti -Mother's last name

Post by lilbees »

I have several records with this mother. I have some up with Nasca, Rosa, etc. I am sure all are wrong but can someone check this out.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244905201

Thanks
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Sottosanti -Mother's last name

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:I have several records with this mother. I have some up with Nasca, Rosa, etc. I am sure all are wrong but can someone check this out.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244905201

Thanks
lilbees

I think the surname is Razza. Definitely not the letter N which is at the beginning of the street name-Nazionale. The surname Razza is found in the province.

Erudita
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

The record for Michele Sottosanti shows the mother's name, which was originally given as Cosima Nasca. Will need to change the other records I have I think to Razza. Wonder what community this particular family is from. I have not come across it Santa Caterina Villarmosa, Caltanissetta. Will have to look at other towns for origin.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244838001

Let me know what you think of this record. I have others if you would like to check them.

Thank you for taking a look.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Looking at the two records...

Michele Sottosanti listed in the death of Giovanni Sottosanti is married to MARIA RAZZA (as Erudita suggested)

Michele Sottosanti, the deceased in the second record, was the SON of Caterina NASCA, and the husband of Ursola la Rosa...

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote:Looking at the two records...

Michele Sottosanti listed in the death of Giovanni Sottosanti is married to MARIA RAZZA (as Erudita suggested)

Michele Sottosanti, the deceased in the second record, was the SON of Cosima NASCA, and the husband of Ursola la Rosa...

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you Erudita, T. and Livio. I think I have them sorted out now. Really appreciate this. Sometimes you get where you see the wrong things.

Less confused now.

Lilbees
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lilbees wrote:Thank you Erudita, T. and Livio. I think I have them sorted out now. Really appreciate this. Sometimes you get where you see the wrong things.

Less confused now.

Lilbees

Happy to help.
Erudita