Land ownership records for Marsico Vetere, Pecci family

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
PecciSalera

Land ownership records for Marsico Vetere, Pecci family

Post by PecciSalera »

I am looking for land ownership records for the Pecci family in Marsico Vetere, Potenza. Specifically, I am looking for any records related to land owned by Michele Antonio Pecci married to Rosina Marianna Gesualda Maglione (marriage date 20 Sep 1890).

James Salera (born 1884 in Pittsburgh, PA) went to Marsico Vetere (where the rest of his family was born) between 1910 (when he was living with his older brother Angelo and his family in Pittsburgh) and 1912 (when he returned with his bride, Josephine Pecci). James went to Italy to find an Italian wife, as family story goes, and went to Marsico Vetere where his family is from. He worked for Michele Pecci, and basically married the bosses daughter. James is listed in U.S. census as being a tinner, blacksmith helper, and working for the Pittsburgh Trolley & Forge Co. so he was working with metal in some capacity.

I would like to find what business/land Michele Pecci owned, and any records related to this business/land ownership.
113yearslater
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Land ownership records for Marsico Vetere, Pecci family

Post by 113yearslater »

Can I ask how you know that date? I'm curious as to whether you have copies of the banns since they usually say what the groom's job was.
PecciSalera

Post by PecciSalera »

Thank you for making me see what is right in front of me. Someone in this forum provided me with a scanned copy of the marriage certificate between Michele and Rosina, which states Michele was a cabinet maker. I am depending on the translation from Italian. See my post/replies titled "Josephine Pecci from Tramutola, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy" for the documents in question.
113yearslater
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 113yearslater »

Neat! Your question caught my eye because my last name and that whole side of my family is also from Marsicovetere. :-) The names on that side for me are Cortese, Ramagnano/Romagnano, Lauria, Lapetina, and others.