Marriage Antonino Crifo and Carmela Giaimo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Marriage Antonino Crifo and Carmela Giaimo

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I found this record of a marriage between Antonino Crifo and Carmela Giaimo. I have an Antonino Crifo on my tree that is married to Francesca Addamo (who died in 1830). This marriage is 1832 after the death of Francesca. Can any one translate this record for me. Below is what I have been able to translate:
Marriage: June 21, 1832
Groom: Antonino Crifo, Age ?, son of Giuseppe and deceased Anna Maria Cu?
Bride: Carmela Giaimo, Age ?, daughter of Giuseppe and Teresa ???

Does it say, anywhere, if Antonino was married before?
Also, there is a word after Antonino's name that starts with a maggiore??? What is that word and it is also after Carmela's name.

Here is the link:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Antonino Crifo and Carmela Giaimo

Post by Tessa78 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Hi Everyone:

I found this record of a marriage between Antonino Crifo and Carmela Giaimo. I have an Antonino Crifo on my tree that is married to Francesca Addamo (who died in 1830). This marriage is 1832 after the death of Francesca. Can any one translate this record for me. Below is what I have been able to translate:
Marriage: June 21, 1832
Groom: Antonino Crifo, Age ?(of age - maggiore), son of Giuseppe and deceased Anna Maria Cucuzza
Bride: Carmela Giaimo, Age maggiore - of age, daughter of Giuseppe and Teresa la Maina?

Does it say, anywhere, if Antonino was married before?
Not that I am seeing...
However, on the next page there is a list of documents that were presented to the official.
The first was the notification; 2nd was the birth record of the groom; 3rd was the death record of the groom's mother; 4th was the death record of ---- no one is named; 5th the birth record of the bride; 6th the consent of the parents...

Also, there is a word after Antonino's name that starts with a maggiore??? What is that word and it is also after Carmela's name.

Here is the link:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sue Antista
Hope that helps!

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

June 21, 1832 is the date of the Marriage promise. The actual marriage (see the right column) was celebrated on the Parish Church on July 14 1832.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

liviomoreno wrote:June 21, 1832 is the date of the Marriage promise. The actual marriage (see the right column) was celebrated on the Parish Church on July 14 1832.
GOOD EYES! :mrgreen:

Thanks for catching that, Livio! :D

T.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I know this is an old post, however, I have been trying to find our more about Anna Maria Cucuzza, mother of the groom, Antonino Crifo. I noticed that Tessa wrote the message below about the 3rd notification was the death record of the groom's mother. (see below)

Not that I am seeing...
However, on the next page there is a list of documents that were presented to the official.
The first was the notification; 2nd was the birth record of the groom; 3rd was the death record of the groom's mother; 4th was the death record of ---- no one is named; 5th the birth record of the bride; 6th the consent of the parents...

Can anyone please tell me what it says about her and how and where I can find out more. I did find a death record in Montaganareale for an Anna Cucuzza. Could this be the same person? Here is the link:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 3.jpg.html

I hope I made myself clear on this. I get so excited when I find something and I start typing too fast to keep up with my thinking!

Thanks,

Sue Antista
Italianbella SA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Sue,
The document list I translated was just a list. There is no information in that list about Anna.
The death act you found could be her, but it is odd that her husband Giuseppe Crifo is not mentioned. You will need to verify the parent's names. The mother of the deceased Anna in this record is the living Serafina Orlando, age 83. Father is the deceased Nicolo.

T.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thanks Tessa: This goes back so far that I can't seem to find any other records that I have researched that even mention her. Since I don't know who her parents were I can't even verify siblings. If that a common name for that area? Coincidently, I've been helping someone with his genealogy from Alcamo, Trapani, Sicily and I've found numerous records for the surname Cucuzza. Any ideas how I can maybe change my research strategy to find her?

Thanks againl'

Sue

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA