birth and/or marriage records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: birth and/or marriage records

Post by adelfio »

Where are you getting your birthdates?
Birth of Luigi Carnovale
Index#85
1895 July 4th in the town of Guardavalle birth of Luigi Carnovale son of Domenico Carnovale age 34 farmer and his wife Carmela Ritano
War info he served in the 240 reggimento fanteria Luigi Carnovale son of Domencio died 1918 May 5th (prigionia per malattia) sick in prison

PG LINK TO DEATH INFO RIGHT SIDE
http://www.cadutigrandeguerra.it/Albo_O ... /3/108.jpg

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE BIRTH RECORD
record-image (384).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rovern wrote:I see it was posted that Domenico Carnovale and Carmela Ritano were not married at the time of birth. Maybe ? later on. To print those birth certificates will be hard to read. were the others (Livio, et ano also genealogist ?) thank you for this important information
Rovern
The wording in the birth record in 1884, for Caterina is,
[born] from his union with Ritano Carmela unmarried peasant domiciled here and here appeared to make this declaration

In 1895 for Luigi,
[born] to Ritano Carmela, his wife, residing with him

Marriage sometime between 1884 and 1895?
Will have to find the 1890 birth of twins to see what the record says.

EDIT TO ADD:

You wrote:
Domenico Carnovale and Carmela Ritano had 5 children. The first Catarina born 1884, 2nd, LUIGI 1890 (Killed in the war, third, twins Francesco and Raffaele born in 1890. Raffaele died 10 days after birth. then my mother, Raffaela born in 1898 and the last Assunta born in 1901.
thank you

Rovern
Birth records for 1890 appear to be missing for 1890, so I did not find twins born in that year.
However, I did find Raffaela born in 1887 on 7 July to Domenico Carnovale and Carmela Ritano.
In this record Carmela is identified as "his wife residing with him."

#85 - top left of image
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392290702

T.
rovern
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rovern »

You said you found Raffaela born to Domenico Carnovale and Carmela Ritano in 1887. At one point you found her born in 1898. When I was in Italy, I secured her birth certificate and it says 1898 ? thank you
rovern
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rovern »

It says (in red) "I do not have permission to view the files attached to this report."
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The first Raffaela Carnovale (1887) most likely died and they renamed another baby girl the same name of Raffaela Carnovale (1898) they were both of Domenico Carnovale and Carmela Ritano

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:It seems that they were married between 1884-1898 its says on this birth record that Carmela Riitano was his wife(moglie) Do you know of any other children?
Birth record of Raffaela Carnovale
1898 June 24, 1898 in the town of Guardavalle in a house on via Caterina #12 birth of Raffaela Carnovale daughter of Domenico Carnovale age 40 farmer and his wife Carmela Ritano
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE RECORD
record-image (383).jpg
Marty
A couple of typos :o
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

On this birth record it shows Domenico Carnovale father was Luigi Carnovale
Birth record of Assunta Carnovale
INDEX#51
1901 April 15th in the town of Guardavalle birth of Assunta Carnovale daughter of Domenico Carnovale age 43 SON OF LUIGI farmer and his wife Carmela Ritano
Sidenote says married Orazio De Masi 1925 Feb 26th might show the parents marriage info on her marriage record

record-image (386).jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Iv looked through the marriage records I cant find Domenico Carnovale record possible married in the church but not civil but after looking at Assunta's Carnovale birth record I believe this your Domenico Carnovale birth record I went through the indexes this is the only Domenico Carnovale with father Luigi in that time frame 1856-1860
INDEX#145
1859 Nov 25th in the town of Guardavalle birth of Domenico Carnovale son Luigi Carnovale age 30 and Teresa Tassone age 20
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html

dom carno.jpg
Marty

Marty
rovern
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rovern »

I thought in earlier communication that DOMENICO"s father was Francesco and mother Concetta Origlia. Now I see that Domenico's father was LUIGI Am I reading it wrong. thank you
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

[quote="rovern"]I thought in earlier communication that DOMENICO"s father was Francesco and mother Concetta Origlia. Now I see that Domenico's father was LUIGI Am I reading it wrong. thank you[/quote

After finding the correct info on Assunta Carnovale birth act I found Domenico Carnovale birth act. So this should be correct dates and names

1859 Nov 25th in the town of Guardavalle birth of Domenico Carnovale son Luigi Carnovale age 30 and Teresa Tassone age 20

1884 Nov 27th in the town of Guardavalle birth of Caterina Carnovale daughter of Domenico Carnovale age 25 farmer and Carmela Ritano

1887 July 7th in the town of Guardavalle birth of Raffaela Carnovale daughter of Domenico Carnovale age 40 farmer and his wife Carmela Ritano (FIRST RAFFAELA)

1890 NO RECORDS ONLINE for twins Francesco and Raffaele birth acts

1895 July 4th in the town of Guardavalle birth of Luigi Carnovale son of Domenico Carnovale and his wife Carmela Ritano

1898 June 24, 1898 in the town of Guardavalle birth of Raffaela Carnovale daughter of Domenico Carnovale age 40 farmer and his wife Carmela Ritano

1901 April 15th in the town of Guardavalle birth of Assunta Carnovale daughter of Domenico Carnovale age 43 son of Luigi and Carmela Ritano
Husband was Orazio De Masi

Marty

Marty
rovern
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rovern »

To Adelphio for some information on the Domenico Carnovale and Carmela Ritano, Catarina born 1884, the twins Francesco and Raffaela were born October 5, 1892, the twin Raffaele died 10 days later, Raffaela in 1898 and Assunta 1901

thank you ROVERN
rovern
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rovern »

to Adelphio on Carnovale I forgot to mention the birth of Luigi in 1895