CENSUS INFORMATION NEEDED

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aippia

CENSUS INFORMATION NEEDED

Post by aippia »

Can anyone help me with some information.
I am looking to find the names of both parents to a Antony Mason born on the 8-3-1925 in Baltimore. I would like to find out if the parents came from Italy and if possible the town, also the mothers' maiden name. Any help would be helpful. thanks
BethW
Rookie
Rookie

Re: CENSUS INFORMATION NEEDED

Post by BethW »

Hello Aippia,

I couldn't find an Antony Mason in Maryland in the 1930 census. However, I did find one possibility in Capitol Heights, Prince George's County, MD:

Anthony Messineo, age 4 yrs 8 mos; born in the District of Columbia

Father: Andrew Messineo, age 49; born in Italy; proprietor of a shoe shop
Mother: Clara Messineo, age 48; born in Dictrict of Columbia (Her parents are listed as having been born in Italy.)
Siblings: Paul, age 24
Jack, age 17
Clara, age 13
Henry, age 12
(All born in D.C.)

Hope this helps,
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi There,

If you think your family was Italian, then the surname could have been changed to Americanized it.

Also, do you if Anthony Mason is deceased and if he is, do you have his Death Certificiate? The Death Certificate could list his parents.

Do you have Anthony's Marriage Application? The Marriage Application could have more clues as to who Anthony's parents are.

I did find this in the census records.

Name: Tony Mezani
Estimated birth year: abt 1926
Relation to head-of-house: Son
Father's Name: Joe Mezani
Mother's Name: Marie Mezani
Home in 1930: Baltimore, Baltimore (Independent City), Maryland
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Baltimore, Baltimore (Independent City), Maryland; Roll: 850; Page: 8B; Enumeration District: 53; Image: 363.0

The Parents are:
Joseph - born 1891 in Italy
Marie - born 1892 in Italy
Tony (Anthony) - born 1926 in Pennsylvania

I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
aippia

Post by aippia »

Thank you both for your help. I think I am missing something and will keep looking.

I have a copy of the extract of the register of marriages from Sicily. It states that a Antony Mason born on the 8-3-1925 in Baltimore married my aunt in 1959 in Sicily. She passed away in 1960.

The puzzle is I can not find anything on Antony Mason or his family. A family member is sure that his father and mother are a glue to my grandfathers' parents (long story).

I am in Australia, How do you apply for a death certificate in the USA.

Also does anyone know where you can look up old newspaper articles from Sicily and are they available for viewing.
thanks