Marriage Rome 1883

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Marriage Rome 1883

Post by Anizio »

Hello all!

I have done amateur genealogy for most of my family, getting lines going back to the 1600s in many cases, but I am having trouble with the Comune of Rome and I can't seem to get them to cooperate.

I am trying to get una copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio from them, but as I am in North America and my Italian is not perfect it has been a struggle, even though from any other town or city in Italy it has been easy.

I know the names of the people, the exact date, and even the registry number and location:
Giambattista Malacrida e Maria Cinti
16 Giugno 1883
Registri di Stato Civile No. 1088, Parte 1a, dal Campidoglio

So given that I have such specific information, can anyone explain the process to get Rome to send me the documents or give me a hand in retrieving them?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Rome 1883

Post by Italysearcher »

Rome wants 1 euro for a copy of the original. They do not want stamps, cheques or bank orders, they want cash OR the money deposited in their post office account.
They also want photo ID and an addressed envelope.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

If you don't need an official copy from the comune, you could order the microfilm from FamilySearch. Looks like the film number for that record is 2144058.
TerraLavoro
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Both of those are great help!

Italysearcher: would it be enough to send money with a written request? if not how would I ensure money gets to their post office account?

TerraLavoro: Is there any way to create a paper copy from a microfilm record? I have never tried that before.

Thanks!!!
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ipad IPhone or digital camera (no flashes) take photo of record off the microfilm reader save to a computer print it off

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Some local family history centers have microfilm reader/printers which allow you to to print a paper copy of a record you see on the microfilm, Some larger centers also have a machine which allows you to save a record to a flash drive. You need to bring your own flash drive with you to the center. Then you can print from your home computer, any records you have saved on the flash drive.

You might also be able to get someone in the Mormon Library in Salt Lake City to email you a copy of the record.

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... n_Services

Erudita
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Thanks Erudita, I keep forgetting these records are now on microfilm.
Anizio, yes, if you can get a 5 Euro bill just staple it to the letter, be sure to tell them to have a coffee with the change or you may get money back.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

erudita74 wrote:
You might also be able to get someone in the Mormon Library in Salt Lake City to email you a copy of the record.

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... n_Services

Erudita

Thank you this worked!