Via Magione, Trabia, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Via Magione, Trabia, Sicily

Post by Marlena »

I've been looking for this street in Trabia, but I do not see it on Google maps. It is listed on my great grandmother's ship manifest as her daughters address back in Trabia.
Thank you , Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Via Magione, Trabia, Sicily

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://en.mappy.com Put in Via Lincoln which commences Foro Umberto 1 and going along Via Lincoln until you reach Via Garibaldi where you make a right turn and proceed up until you get to an open street (If you get to Palazzo Ajutamonsto you have gone too far) where you make a right turn to the first intersection which is VIA MANGIONE on your left (the road continues on to La Mangione for another block.

Should this prove difficult then the best alternative is to see a preprinted map as part of http://www.bestofsicily.com/mag/art184.htm

Peter
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Peter, the Via Magione you are referring to in both your links is in Palermo, while Marlene (the inquirer len52mar) is looking for a street in Trabia.
MichelleMariePereira

Post by MichelleMariePereira »

Hi Marlene,

I don not have any answers for you, but I started looking into family history and I see you have been doing so much work on this. Thank you....I am Michelle, Daughter of Cecilia Pereira Geurts. I live in Sonoma County, in Penngrove, CA. I live with my two children, Cash and Josie. I went to Trabia and toured Sicily many years ago. I would love to talk to you sometime. I have a tree you gave my mom a couple of years ago. It would be exciting to talk with you about it. I have a couple documents too from Salvatora Rubino and Inocenzio (SP) Alario that I will dig up, that you might find interesting. Michelle 415-595-9822 mpereira@sonic.net