Archive Records in Naples Police Headquarters

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mbakeroo
Rookie
Rookie

Archive Records in Naples Police Headquarters

Post by mbakeroo »

I received the following correspondence from the Naples Archive in response to information on Raffaele Odierna:

"From a search in the series of passports of the Police Headquarters in Naples, we identified the request passport in 1890 for Raffaele Antonio Odierna, who was born the March 4, 1860 by Antonio Odierna and Severia Bonaguro; he had at the time 30 years, was a Tailor, residing in Arenella, and asks to be able to go to New York.
The signature of the file that we have consulted is the following:
Police headquarters in Naples, General Archive series Passports, envelope 3225, file 14."

Can anyone tell me how I can go about getting a copy of this Passport Application?

Thank you in advance, Maria
casolari

Re: Archive Records in Naples Police Headquarters

Post by casolari »

Hi Maria, hope all is well. I am also searching for details regarding my ancestors in Italy, who were from Naples. Would you be able to let me know how you got in touch with the Naples Archives, and also what information you gave them?

I've got my ancestor's name, possible years of birth, parents' names, wife's name, and children. I also have his passport number, which I found in immigration records. However, I need to find out exactly where in Naples he was born. I was hoping these passport records might help.

Thanks very much!