Help writing a letter

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Help writing a letter

Post by vspeciale66 »

I am writing to the Commune Di Calvi Risorta requesting a birth record. Would some one be willing to translate it into Italian so it is easier for them to understand?

Dear Sirs,

I am trying to obtain the birth record of my Great Great Great Grandfather who was born in Calvi Risorta, Caserta

His name was Domenico Delgatto (Del Gatto) and he was born January 18 1798. I do not know his parents names but he married Maria Teresa Carusone.

I will gladly pay any fee for this record, please just let me know the cost and I will mail it to your office.

My address to send the record is

Thank you for your help and best regards.

Valerie N Speciale
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help writing a letter

Post by erudita74 »

You need a church record for a birth in 1798. The town office will not be able to help you with that.
Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I found 4 parishes in the town. The first one has an email address which you might want to try. You need to ask for the baptism record which should have birth info in it.
Erudita

Parrocchia S. CASTO NELLA CATTEDRALE
Via Casilina
CALVI RISORTA 81042 (CE)
Italia
http://www.cattedrale-calvirisorta.com/
Don Antonio
a.santillo@tin.it

Parrocchia S. NICANDRO
Piazza Papa Giovanni XXIII
CALVI RISORTA 81042 (CE)
Italia

Parrocchia S. NICOLA
Piazza Umberto I Frazione Zuni
CALVI RISORTA 81042 (CE)
Italia

Parrocchia S. SILVESTRO PAPA
Via Garibaldi Frazione Viscaino
CALVI RISORTA 81042 (CE)
Italia
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you for the excellent information! I appreciate all the help!

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome.
Keep us posted.
Erudita
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Oggetto: risposta da Parrocchia (NAME OF CHURCH) al battesimo di Domenico Del Gatto a nato Calvi Risorta
Egregi Reverendo Padre,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Calvi Risorta, Caserta.
Vi chiedo di spedirmi l’delle fotocopie dell’atto di battesimo o di l’estratto completo dell’atto di battesimo di questa persona:
Nome e cognome:Domenico Del Gatto
Data di nascita: 1798
Luogo di nascita:Calvi Risorta, Caserta
Nome e cognome della moglie:Maria Teresa Carusone
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Subject: Response from Parish (NAME OF CHURCH) to the baptism of Domenico Del Gatto was born in Calvi Risorta
Dear Reverend Father,
My name is YOUR NAME. I'm doing research on my ancestors and I need information from your records. My ancestors came from Calvi Risorta, Caserta.
Please send me the photocopies of the act of baptism or the complete extract of the baptism of this person:
Name: Domenico Del Gatto
Date of birth: 1798
Place of birth: Calvi Risorta, Caserta
Name and surname of his wife Maria Teresa Carusone
If you do not have the records that match, you can provide the address of where where records can be found?
Please let me know the cost of your help and how I can make the payment.
Thank you in advance for your kindness and thoughtfulness.
NAME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Cosmethics..
adelfio wrote:Oggetto: risposta da Parrocchia (NAME OF CHURCH) al battesimo di Domenico Del Gatto a nato Calvi Risorta
Egregi Reverendo Padre,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provenivano da Calvi Risorta, Caserta.
Vi chiedo di spedirmi una fotocopia o un estratto completo dell’atto di battesimo di questa persona:
Nome e cognome:Domenico Del Gatto
Data di nascita: 1798
Luogo di nascita:Calvi Risorta, Caserta
Nome e cognome della moglie:Maria Teresa Carusone
Se non avete i relativi registri, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove questi possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you both so much! I got a response from one church that reads;

Salve signora Valerie io sono una collaboratrice del parroco, ho appena letto il messaggio e domani riferiro' a lui e le faro' sapere. Grazie!!! baci

Can you help with the translation of this?
Thanks again!

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

(she is a lady)

Hello Ms. Valerie I am a collaborator of the pastor, I just read the message and tomorrow will refer to him and will let you know. Thank You !!! kisses
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

How exciting! Thank you!