Hi from El Salvador.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
caramelo008

Hi from El Salvador.

Post by caramelo008 »

I'm very new at this. VERY new. I have recently started my family tree. A relative of mine was born in Italy in 1953...very possibly in Rome...her name is Alexandra Maria Guirola Martin. How can I find her place of birth and birth date?
I really appreciate your help on this, and if anyone needs similar assistance in El Salvador, I will be most happy to be of service :lol:
Merry Christmas to all,
Caramelo
caramelo008

Re: Hi from El Salvador.

Post by caramelo008 »

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Can you point me in the right direction to find place and date of birth (in Italy) for a relative? Name: Alexandra Maria Guirola Martin, born in 1953. I'm looking for the birth DAY, and exact place of birth.

Anticipated thanks, and Best Wishes for the New Year!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

There is no central registration of births, deaths and marriages in Italy. Events are recorded in the town in which they occur.

I do not know anything about the resources in El Salvador. YOu need to find some document that lists the place of birth for this ancestor.
caramelo008

Post by caramelo008 »

Thanks so much for the initial reply. I have narrowed it down to Rome, sometime between Sept and Dec 1953. Is there a resource whereby I can obtain further details with this tiny bit of information that I have?
I know I'm in the right place when the reply I get is from a Master! :D
Thanks again for any assistance you can provide!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

It is my understanding that records less than 75 years old are protected by privacy laws. You would not be allowed to order the record you are looking for.

If it is a direct ancestor, such as a parent, please state the relationship and I am sure Suanj or another of our friends can tell you if you can obtain the record.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

caramelo008 wrote:Thanks so much for the initial reply. I have narrowed it down to Rome, sometime between Sept and Dec 1953. Is there a resource whereby I can obtain further details with this tiny bit of information that I have?
I know I'm in the right place when the reply I get is from a Master! :D
Thanks again for any assistance you can provide!
Hi, for to know something, you must search in San Salvador some record about your Alexandra, because otherwise it is hard..
Guirola surnam is an spanish surname, but the Martin are in Italy and also in Roma and Roma area... for to obtain the italian birthact of Alexandra is necessary to find almost the birthplace... Roma have many districts and the Office civil record sure can ask you the exact district of birth... you have some San Salvador resource by to obtain the copy Alexandra passport, almost? Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
caramelo008

Post by caramelo008 »

Thanks! I will hunt for the district!

...and post again when I find it.

I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
aguirola

Post by aguirola »

Hello, my name is Alexandra Maria Guirola Martin and I was born in Rome, Italy, November 14, 1953.
Who are you?