Matrimoni, Pubblicazioni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Donnars11

Matrimoni, Pubblicazioni

Post by Donnars11 »

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Here is a link to a matrimoni pubblicazioni. While researching marriages I found that from this source, the year 1886 was missing. I thought I'd try looking through the Processitti but there were none for this particular year either. I thought I'd try the Matrimoni pubblicanzioni. They did have an index and I found this record. I can only make out the names and dates. My question is this: is this publication posted after the marriage or is it more like "banns of marriage". The date at the top is that the actual marriage date or proposed date? It seems very similar to the actual marriage record I've come across but I can't be sure. Thanks, Donna
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Matrimoni, Pubblicazioni

Post by liviomoreno »

Pubblicazioni are the Marriage banns.The date on the top is the is the date of the request. On the side you have the dates of the actual posting of the banns. The actual marriage should have occurred a few days after the last banns posting.
Donnars11

Re: Matrimoni, Pubblicazioni

Post by Donnars11 »

Thank you very much. Donna