Record request Calitri and Salerno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mungsprout

Record request Calitri and Salerno

Post by mungsprout »

Has anyone been through the process of requesting birth, death, marriage records from Calitri or Salerno? I have several people I would like more info on spanning the late 1700s and throughout 1800s. I was just wondering if someone could tell me what to expect/their experience so I have a better idea to cost and how long it takes.

Thanks!! :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Record request Calitri and Salerno

Post by adelfio »

You are going to have to go to the church records now for civil records are limited 1809-1910 at Family History Library

Read this info
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
elmosgirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by elmosgirl »

Hello Mungsprout,

I have had very good interactions with the Doctoresses in the Salerno Archives when requesting a variety of records. They have been efficient and have answered my requests. For my first contact, I used surface mail and included a photocopy of my passport (you may do the same and black out numbers, etc. to protect your document). In the heading of my letter I included my email address which they used to reply to me.

After having established who I was, etc., I used email to post my subsequent
requests.

The more information you can give them, of course, all the better.

Good luck,

Noel
mungsprout

Post by mungsprout »

Perfect! Thank you so much for the information! I just wasn't sure what to expect and the best way to go about getting started :)

~Crystal