Francescopaolo Colantoni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Francescopaolo Colantoni

Post by phishfood »

I have another family member that I am trying to look for as far as a birth record. His name is Francescopaolo Colantoni. We are guessing on a birth year for him (1794) because we have no info. on him really other than we believe he is from Montebello di Bertona. Since there is no film that goes back that far, how can I start looking for the birth record?

Kim
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Francescopaolo Colantoni

Post by ricbru »

phishfood wrote:I have another family member that I am trying to look for as far as a birth record. His name is Francescopaolo Colantoni. We are guessing on a birth year for him (1794) because we have no info. on him really other than we believe he is from Montebello di Bertona. Since there is no film that goes back that far, how can I start looking for the birth record?

Kim
If he is from Montebello di Bertona and born before there was Ufficio di Stato Civile (around 1870), you can request his bapt record to the following church:

Chiesa di S. Pietro Apostolo
Via Salita S. Pietro, 2,
65010 Montebello di Bertona (PE)
Italy

or to
Diocesi di Pescara
Piazza dello Spirito Santo, 2
65121 Pescara (PE)
Italy

curia@diocesipescara.it

http://www.diocesipescara.it/

I hope it helps, bye ricbru :lol:
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

ricbru,

So write to the church if he was born around 1794 and just ask for a baptism record?

Kim
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

phishfood wrote:ricbru,

So write to the church if he was born around 1794 and just ask for a baptism record?

Kim
That and provide any additional information you have. Name of parents, marriage date.

Then pray you get a receptive priest. One that will have the time to go and research that far back, be able to read the records, and the records have not deteriorated over time.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

Do either of these places have a fax number to reach them at?

Chiesa di S. Pietro Apostolo
Via Salita S. Pietro, 2,
65010 Montebello di Bertona (PE)
Italy

or to
Diocesi di Pescara
Piazza dello Spirito Santo, 2
65121 Pescara (PE)
Italy

Kim