Translate Death Vegliante 1869

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Virginia
Rookie
Rookie

Translate Death Vegliante 1869

Post by Virginia »

This is my first death to attempt a translation, and would appreciate help to be sure I'm reading it correctly.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :213368201
Image 21 Reg #27
The year 1869, the day 12 of February month in Padula in the Town Hall hour 9 a.m.. In my presence Antonio Mezzasago secretary of and civil records officer of Padula....., it is appeared Messrs Raffaele de Dominiuus (son of Vincenzo) of age 31, , and Nicola Marsilia son of deceased Raffaele of the age 24 who both landowners this town and declare that yesterday 11 of current month of February, at the hour of 7 a.m. in this town of Padula, in her residence situated on Strada San Giovanni ? number died Vincenza Vegliante of the age of 74, of condition/status ? resident of Padula born and lived in Padula daughter of deceased Stefano(father's name), and of Arcangela Salvato (mother's name), they were both property owners here in Padula, home in Padula widow (vedova) of Michele Tepedino and leaves 4 children; 2 males and 2 females do da maggiori?

Question:
1) Same people seem to sign most death records, so they must be officials rather than family members. I didn't see any family member who might be giving info.
2) What are the words do da maggiori after the # of children she leaves
3) Does it indicate the cause of her death? Did she die in her own home?
4) Are all women buried under their maiden name?
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Translate Death Vegliante 1869

Post by paola52 »

Hi Virginia
Yes the people who signed the record are officials and witnesses, Raffaele De Dominicis and Nicola Marsilia
She died in her own house in Strada San Giovanni, no street number
No cause of death given
She was possidente, a property owner
Yes in all official records women are always listed under their maiden name
The children were di età maggiore, meaning they were "of age"
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Virginia
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translate Death Vegliante 1869

Post by Virginia »

Thank you so very much for helping me with this.