Finding birth records in Sicily

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Pat B

Finding birth records in Sicily

Post by Pat B »

I'd love to get dual citizenship. My grandparents were both born in Messina area and my grandfather didn't naturalize until after my dad was born. I can trace everything but don't have the birth certificates and don't know how to go about getting them. Any suggestions? maybe someone has already done this?
Thanks
Pat
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Finding birth records in Sicily

Post by adelfio »

What were their names and birthdates? Where did they settle in the US?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Pat B

Post by Pat B »

Hi Marty
Guiseppe Bonarrigo January 21,1887 Bauso, Messina
Catarina Celi November 1890 Messina
Both settled in Boston, Ma.
Thanks
Pat
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Bauso is a suburb of Villafranca Tirrena so the records are held in the town of Villafranca Tirrena try this email. Looking for Caterina Celi info

email:d.celi@comune.villafrancatirrena.me.it

Ufficio Anagrafe e Stato Civile
Comune di Villafranca Tirrena
Via Don Luigi Sturzo 3,
98049 Villafranca Tirrena (ME)
Italy
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Giuseppe Bonarrigo di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sono un cittadino americano discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ottenere la italiana cittadinanza. I miei antenati provennero da frazione di Bauso di Villafranca Tirrena . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere il Vostro aiuto, poiche` mi necessita l’estratto dell’atto di nascita, in formato internazionale di: Giuseppe Bonarrigo a nato frazione di Bauso di Villafranca Tirrena il genaro 21 1887
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Pat B

Post by Pat B »

Thanks Marty
You are very helpful and quite amazing. For some reason, the name Castania stands out for Catarina. I will check with my aunt who is still with us. Also with my cousin in Padua. his grandmother and mine were sisters.
Pat
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think the Celi family is from Castanea delle Furìe suburb of Messina records in the Villaggi di Messina
Is this Caterina Celi brother

Gaetano Celi in the U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007

Name:
Gaetano Celi

SSN:xxxxxxxxx

Birth Date:13 May 1880

Birth Place:Castania Mes, Italy

Father Name:Stefano Celi

Mother Name:Cosma Rizzotto

INDEXES OF VILLAGGI MESSINA FOR CELI
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,253019901

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,253019901

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Gaetano Celi
Index#41
1880 May 13th in the town of Castanea birth of Gaetano Celi son of Stefano Celi age 33 farmer and his wife Cosima Rizzotto. Sidenote says Gaetano Celi married Giovanna Caruso 29 Jan 1905 in Castanea

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,253650901

Marty

Marty
Pat B

Post by Pat B »

Yes, Marty that is her brother.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If the info is right for Gaetano Celi here is his fathers possible birth record

Birth record of Stefano Celi
Index#38
1847 May 9th in the town of Castanea birth of Stefano Celi son of Giovanni Battista age 20 farmer and his wife Nunziata Alessi farmer age 22

CLICK ON LEFT MOUSE BUTTON TO ENLARGE
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 2.jpg.html

Marty

Marty
Pat B

Post by Pat B »

Again, thanks so much. I believe to apply for the dual citizenship I need to have the copy of Catarina's birth certificate from the town hall in Castanea. I will write an email as you provided for Guiseppe but should I do the same for Catarina? I really appreciate your guidance in all of this. Do you do this for a living? You know so much!! How can I repay you?
Pat
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I do this for a hobby there is a lot of good people on here that help with Italian hertage

Caterina Celi birth record was destroyed in one of the earthquakes in Messina but good news it was refiled in Castanea in 1912

Index#72
1890 July 11th in the town of Castanea birth of Caterina Celi daughter of Stefano Celi and his wife Cosima Rizzotto

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,253701601

Marty

Marty
valeriacerimeli

Post by valeriacerimeli »

Hello everybody, My name is Valeria Etchudez Cerimeli and I'm trying to find the birth certificate of my great great grandfather Alejandro Cerimele, son of Matia Dominga Casiva and Pascual Cerimele. any information would be great, please I would love your help on this.
Luisa

Post by Luisa »

Hi, I need help locating the birth certificate of Luigi Scelba, born May 25, 1889 in Mistretta, Sicily. The year 1889 is missing on the Familysearch.org website. I'm applying for dual citizenship, and need this last document. Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thank you, Luisa