Guseppe Antonio Cicero

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Guseppe Antonio Cicero

Post by mcvega »

Hi, I am trying to find out if this person is the same or if these are two different people.

I have Giuseppe Antonio Cicero
birth 1782
Spouse Angela Polizzi
Marriage Jun 1837
Event place Cianciana Italy
Father Paolo
Mother Anna Pecoraro

then Baptism papers
Father -Giuseppe Antonio Cicero
Mother Rosa Cassata
Child Angela Cicero birth sep 1828
Place Cianciana Agrigento Italy

I am thinking they are two different men and if they are, could they be related?

Thanks
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Guseppe Antonio Cicero

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you provide links to the records, or images, please?

T.
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

Yes,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

It is my opinion that the relationship between the Giuseppe's in these two records can not be determined by the documents you have.

Is it possible they are related? Perhaps.
That would require a search of branches of a family.
Given the naming traditions, you could have several male cousins with the same name, all named after their grandfather :-)
A look at an original birth record for each date (1782 and 1788) would determine if they have the same grandfather...

T.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

The Giuseppe Antonio Cicero who was married to Maria Rosa Cassata was born in the 1780s and had at least 5 children that I know of: Angela, Francesco, Paolo, Angela, and Maria Francesca. The last was born around 1831. So it's possible that they could be the same people.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

If they were the same person you could probably determine this from the 1837 marriage record (since the actual record probably has more info than what you can see online) and/or Maria Rosa Cassata's death record. The film roll that covers Cianciana from 1831 to 1836 is not online. Here is the reference for it:

Diversi 1830 -- Nati, notificazioni, matrimoni, morti 1831-1833 -- Nati, morti, notificazioni, matrimoni 1834 -- Nati, notificazioni, matrimoni, morti 1835-1836 -- Nati 1837
Granite Mountain Record Vault
International Film

This is the one that covers 1837:
Nati, notificazioni, matrimoni, morti 1837-1841 -- Nati, notificazioni, matrimoni 1842
Granite Mountain Record Vault
International Film

You could order them. I might do it myself since I have research to do in Cianciana anyway.
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

Yes, if you could order them that would be great. How much do they cost? If it turns out you cannot order them please tell me how to order them. I have no idea what the procedure would be. Do I send a check with my request, does it have to be written in Italian? Yes, so if you could order it I would appreciate it greatly.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

You can order them online from familysearch.org and they send the film to your local Family History Center where you can view it. The cost is something like $5 per roll (I don't remember how much since they no longer charge me).
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

Ok, My next concern is will I be able to read it? Will they translate it for me?
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

No, you have to look at it yourself. It takes a little bit of practice but it's not that hard to pick up since the forms are usually standardized with only names, ages, and dates being the really important parts that vary.
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

Ok thanks. I will try it and see what happens
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Practice first by looking at files that are online to see if you can read them. The ones from 1876 and later in particular are the easiest. The ones from 1866 to 1875 are all handwritten and hard to read, but the ones from before 1866 (including the ones on these film rolls) are not. The ones from 1862 to 1865 are probably online, and those are more or less of the same format as the ones from the 1830s.
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

ok, I would like to try that. Where online do I go. I have never searched online . Where would I find the online files?
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »