Looking for MASCARO family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for MASCARO family

Post by mascaroprimo »

Ciao,
I am trying to find my great grandfather's family. His name was Caetano (or Gaetano) Mascaro and was born in Calabria Region, in Catanzaro Province, but I am no sure which city (maybe in Catanzaro Comune). I am not sure about his parents names as well, but some relatives told me his father was Tomazo (or Tomazzo) Mascaro and his mother Domenica, but nobody knows if it was true.

Caetano (or Gaetano) Mascaro died in 1925, but no one knows when was born.

Any tip anyone could give me about for his vital records on that end would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much for your attention and help.

My best wishes

Daniel Gustavo Mascaro Primo
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for MASCARO family

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Where did he live in the US? Wifes name? Year of birth?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mascaroprimo »

Good morning,

Thirst of all, thank you very much for you fast reply.

Very sorry, but I have not so many information about, cause my grandmother is very old and doesn´t remember clear about and my mother die when I was nine, so, my family has lost important memories.

My great grandfather Caetano (or probably Gaetano) Mascaro left Italy around 1880 and came to Brazil, where my granfather was born in 1917.

His wife´s name is Maria Torrano. After they got merried, became Maria Torrano Mascaro.

Sorry for have not so many tips about. Every clue about my family will be very welcome!

Thanks for help from pleople from IG.

adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What was your grandfathers name?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mascaroprimo »

My grandfather´s name was Osmando Mascaro, but he was born in Brazil, around 1917.

Part of my family use to say that my great grandfather Caetano (or Gaetano) Mascaro was bor in Catanzaro Province, in Calabria, but they are not sure if in Catanzaro Comune.

And they don´t know as well if Caetano (or Gaetano) got merrige with Maria Torrano in Italy or if they meet each other already in Brazil.

Now, they told me that "maybe" Caetano´s father was Tomazzo and mother Domenica. It´s hard to know about because they normaly changed names qhen arrived in Brazil.

Caetano could be Gaetano in Italy, and Thomas (his father´s name) probably was Tomazzo and Domingas (means sunday, in portuguese) probably was Domenica in Italy.

So many doubts in family so far, so, thank you for your attention. You have done a great job in this IG!

adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What town in Brazil did they live in?
Do you have a about year of Gaetano birth?
Marty

Marty
mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mascaroprimo »

Gaetano (or Caetano) arrives in Santos and than probably went to work in Casa Branca city and lives in Campinas as well, where he owner a hotel. Both cities are in São Paulo state, in Brazil.

He passed away around 1925 but no one knows when he was born. I am trying to find more information and documents in Brazil, but I have just this few information so far. My grandmother is almost 90 years old and doesn´t remember clear and can´t find documents about.

adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Could it be any of these Gaetano's shipmanifest

PG LINK
http://www.ciseionline.it/KMS/inc_149.asp

http://www.ciseionline.it/KMS/inc_235.asp
Marty

Marty
mascaroprimo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mascaroprimo »

Great! Thank you very much for this clues!

I really guess can be this one:

http://www.ciseionline.it/KMS/Dettagli_ ... ?id=306339

Cause, if he left Italy in 1893, with 17 years old, means that was born in 1876.

And I really beleive my great grandfather´s original name was Gaetano and than changed to Caetano after he arrived in Brazil.

Could you find some more information about him, like place of birth?

Thank you very much so far!

My best regards!