searching for Polidoros from Popoli, Pescara, Abruzzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bmparent
Rookie
Rookie

searching for Polidoros from Popoli, Pescara, Abruzzo

Post by bmparent »

My great-grand father, Edward (Edoardo) Cenerizio, was "adopted" (not a legal adoption, hence the quotes) by one Nunzio Polidori (wife Erminia) at the age of one. I discovered this by using the LDS archives. I would like to find any descendants of Nunzio and Erminia Polidoro in order to find out more about my great-grandfather.
jennabet
Master
Master

Re: searching for Polidoros from Popoli, Pescara, Abruzzo

Post by jennabet »

I live in Pescara and know the Polidori family from Pescara. Concetta Polidori who now lives in Attesa, provincia di Chieti, Abruzzo might be able to give you some information. Find her in pagine bianco (white pages). However she does not speak English but perhaps you can find a translator.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You know that Nunzio Polidori and Erminia Ciccarelli had a baby boy Cesidio Polidoro the same time perhaps Erminia nursed the baby thats why Nunzio Polidoro presented baby Edoardo Cenerizio
BIRTH RECORD OF Edoardo Cenerizio
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043788

Birth record of Cesidio Polidoro
Event Type Birth
Event Date 09 Feb 1877
Event Place Popoli, Pescara, Italy
Gender Male
Father's Name Nunzio Polidoro
Mother's Name Erminia Ciccarelli
PG IINK TO RECORD

Marriage of Nunzio Polidori and Erminia Ciccarelli
Index#88
1873 Dec 1st in the town of Popoli, Pescara appeared Nunzio Polidori age 20 shoemaker born and resides in Popoli son of deceased Antonio Polidori and Maria Grazia Nico???? married to Erminia Ciccarelli age 19 farmer born and resides in Popoli daughter of Angelo Ciccarelli and Maria Galli

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marriage of Edoardo Cenerizio and Anna Camellini listed parents of bride and groom ignoto

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
bmparent
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmparent »

Thank you Marty, for compiling this information! This will be helpful. The marriage of Nunzio and Erminia is very helpful, as is the record for Cesidio. The birthday so close to Edoardo's confirms my suspicion that these two parents cared for him.
all the best for your research,
Brian
bmparent
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmparent »

Thank You Jennabet for this name; I will certainly note her name and try and get more information!
Brian
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:You know that Nunzio Polidori and Erminia Ciccarelli had a baby boy Cesidio Polidoro the same time perhaps Erminia nursed the baby thats why Nunzio Polidoro presented baby Edoardo Cenerizio
The birth record basically states that on Feb 14 1877, Nunzio Polidoro, a shoemaker, aged 23, presented to the Official a baby male, apparently one day old. Nunzio declared that he found the baby was found in the foundling wheel situated in Via San Lorenzo. The baby was given the name Edoardo Cenerizio and was consigned to Nunzio Polidoro who promised to provide to his breastfeeding and growth.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

liviomoreno wrote:
adelfio wrote:You know that Nunzio Polidori and Erminia Ciccarelli had a baby boy Cesidio Polidoro the same time perhaps Erminia nursed the baby thats why Nunzio Polidoro presented baby Edoardo Cenerizio
The birth record basically states that on Feb 14 1877, Nunzio Polidoro, a shoemaker, aged 23, presented to the Official a baby male, apparently one day old. Nunzio declared that he found the baby was found in the foundling wheel situated in Via San Lorenzo. The baby was given the name Edoardo Cenerizio and was consigned to Nunzio Polidoro who promised to provide to his breeding and growth.
bmparent
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmparent »

Thank You Livio, although I have the birth record and could make out the basic parts, you really helped with this thorough translation. the "foundling wheel" is especially interesting. Do you think this refers to the church of San Lorenzo which is in Popoli? I've Googled Via San Lorenzo but there doesn't seem to be a street with that name in that town.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The names of the street may have changed. It is very likely that the wheel was close to the church of San Lorenzo, however the exact wording are "nella ruota di recvimento dei proietti posta in Via San Lorenzo, vicino alla casa distinta col numero ventiquattro" = "in the foundling wheel situated in Via San Lorenzo near the house with civic number 24"