Vincenzo Geluso & Philippa Farranti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Vincenzo Geluso & Philippa Farranti

Post by stokkster1 »

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Need a little help with this marriage record I know that it took place in 1808 but what day and month is it December? 3? Parents are Antonio Geluso and Theresa (?) and salvatore & Rosa (?) Ferranti. does it say how old they were? where they were born? Sorry for all the questions trying to learn to read these older ones, a lot harder then the forms of the newer ones
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Vincenzo Geluso & Philippa Farranti

Post by carubia »

You've linked to an index again.

Without looking at the record, I can say that ages would not be indicated nor where they were born (although where they were residing would be). The names would be in Latin but the Italian equivalents would be Vincenzo Geluso (Geloso) and Filippa Ferranti (or Ferrante); Antonio Geluso and Teresa; and Salvatore (or Salvadore) Ferranti and Rosa.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

carubia wrote:You've linked to an index again.

Without looking at the record, I can say that ages would not be indicated nor where they were born (although where they were residing would be). The names would be in Latin but the Italian equivalents would be Vincenzo Geluso (Geloso) and Filippa Ferranti (or Ferrante); Antonio Geluso and Teresa; and Salvatore (or Salvadore) Ferranti and Rosa.
Sorry hope this works, not sure what going on with the copy and paste of the page its page 162 # 253

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

OK, now I can see it. The marriage date was 14 Feb 1808. One correction to the parents' names: Vincenzo's father was Antonino, not Antonio (you can see "Ant" with a superscript "ni" - the "n" in the superscript is how you can distinguish Antonino from Antonio, and similarly for Antonina vs. Antonia).