New Mother for Maria Squarserio? Help Please...

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

New Mother for Maria Squarserio? Help Please...

Post by peonygirl »

In trying to complete the BMD records, I've come to the publication of marriage for my grandparents and their marriage record. Grandparents (who I never met), Giustino Iezzi and Annina Colangelo. I found their marriage publications and the actual marriage act.

Publication http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

Translation – IMG16, Rec. 12, 18 May 1904, Before me, Sindaco Luigi Nini Cavalier, appeared Giustino Iezzi, 23 yr farmer, residing in Alanno, son of the deceased Rocco [Iezzi] farmer, while alive resident of Turrivaligani, and the deceased Maria Nicola D’Angelo, also a resident of Turrivalignani, AND Annina Colangelo, 24 yr farmer, residing in Alanno, daughter of Gaetano [Colangelo], (does this say 20?) and Maria Squarserio, farmer. Publication of marriage to be in Alanno and Turrivalignani. First publication, 22 May 1904.

Marriage Act: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Here is what I think it says – I cannot make out the ending note but it mentions Squarserio – so I am wondering what is happening here….and would really appreciate your help!!

IMG17, Rec 14
21 July 1904
Before me, Sindaco Luigi Nini Cavalier, appeared Giustino Iezzi, 23 yr farmer, born and living in Turrivalignani, son of the deceased Rocco [Iezzi] and the deceased Maria Nicola D’Angelo, both residing in Turrivalignani while alive, AND Annina Colangelo, 24 yr armer, born and living in Alanno, daughter of Gaetano [Colangelo], and Maria Sigimondi, residing in Alanno….
I present Annina Colangelo and Giustino Iezzi
In this act were present Serafino Creati, 68 yr municipal guard, and Alfonso Santilli, 46, farmer, both residents of this town.

Big snip -- note at bottom - my iPhone translator is even confused by this.
Thanks, Peonygirl :(
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: New Mother for Maria Squarserio? Help Please...

Post by mmogno »

peonygirl wrote: Translation – IMG16, Rec. 12, 18 May 1904, Before me, Cavalier Luigi Nini, Sindaco, appeared Giustino Iezzi, 23 yr farmer, residing in Alanno, son of the deceased Rocco [Iezzi] farmer, while alive resident of Turrivaligani, and the deceased Maria Nicola D’Angelo, also a resident of Turrivalignani, AND Annina Colangelo, 24 yr farmer, residing in Alanno, daughter of Gaetano [Colangelo], venti (a) yo, and Maria Squarserio, farmer. Publication of marriage to be in Alanno and Turrivalignani. First publication, 22 May 1904.
"(a) La parola interlineata venti resta annullata." = The underlined word venti is cancelled.

Marriage Act:
IMG17, Rec 14
21 July 1904
Before me,Cavalier Luigi Nini, Sindaco, appeared Giustino Iezzi, 23 yr farmer, born and living in Turrivalignani, son of the deceased Rocco [Iezzi] and the deceased Maria Nicola D’Angelo, both residing in Turrivalignani while alive, AND Annina Colangelo, 24 yr farmer, born and living in Alanno, daughter of Gaetano [Colangelo], and Maria (a) Sigimondi, residing in Alanno….
I present Annina Colangelo and Giustino Iezzi
In this act were present Serafino Creati, 68 yr municipal guard, and Alfonso Santilli, 46, farmer, both residents of this town.
"(a) Appresso la parola interlineata Sigismondi, che resta annullata, si sostituisca l'altra Squarserio. Parola annullata una. Quella aggiunta una." = The underlined word Sigismondi is cancelled and replaced by Squarserio.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New Mother for Maria Squarserio? Help Please...

Post by peonygirl »

Thanks, mmogno, so it was an error that was corrected within the act. They should've used pencils so they could just erase mistakes; the writer must have been having a hard week! Glad to know that I don't have to restart this family after all...PG
Peonygirl
Always Searching....