Temento surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ebburas

Temento surname

Post by ebburas »

Can anyone help me find my relatives. My Great Grandfather was Rosaline Temento born in 1826. He came to the United States before 1880. He married Mari Antonia Balli Cimo (or Mary Semari). She had 6 known children, Frank, Joseph, John, Percy, and Jeanne, all born between 1878 and 1885. We have been told he came from Sicily, Adona. He lived to 103 in Louisiana, USA. The only Temento\'s I can locate are his direct decendants. Sometimes his name is spelled with a \"K\". He could speak 7 languages but could not read or write. Both his parents came from Italy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

Temento surname

Post by ptimber »

Do you mean relatives in Italy or the USA? Please specify.There are 5 in Louisiana and one in Texas. If you go to www.paginebianche.it you can insert the surname Temento in the first line and Adona in the third line and click Cerca for any listing of Temento in Adona. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Temento surname

Post by ptimber »

There is no Adono. There is a town called Adrano, Postal code 95031, Provionce of Catania, Sicily which may be correct. Peter
ebburas

Temento surname

Post by ebburas »

I tried the \"paginebianche.it\" web site to no avail. Do you have any other suggestions.
ebburas

Temento surname

Post by ebburas »

Where did you find the Temento in Texas? The ones in Westwego, Louisiana, are my uncles.
ptimber
Master
Master

Temento surname

Post by ptimber »

Elmore Temento born texas 1906 died October 1986 Texas. Go to social security death index. Peter
ebburas

Temento surname

Post by ebburas »

Elmore Temento was my dad. He was born in Westwego, Louisiana, and died in my arms in Ochsner Hospital, Metairie, Louisiana. His social security number was issued in Texas because at the time they started issueing social security numbers he was working for a company in Westwego who\'s home base was Texas.
<BR>
<BR>I have been looking for my relatives for 40 years. I am beginning to believe Great-Grandpa Rosaline made his name up. Is there a name similar to the sound of Temento in Italian that he could have been saying and people just didn\'t understand him?
ebburas

Temento surname

Post by ebburas »

Great-grandpa Rosaline\'s children:
<BR> #1 Frank Temento born December 1876 in Louisiana died 1934, married Angeline Baril on April 30, 1902.
<BR> a) They had Annie Temento born 1905 in Westwego and died before 1960 in Westwego, Louisiana. She married Huey Marquis born about 1916 died before 1960,
<BR> 1. and they had 1 son Huey Marquis, Jr. born about 1936 and he is dead.
<BR> b) Frank had another daughter, Daisy A. Temento born June 4, 1906 in Westwego, died December 18, 1970 in Westwego, La. No marriage or children.
<BR> c) And last he had a son, Frank R. Temento, Jr. born 1914 in Louisiana and died in 1959.
<BR>
<BR>#2 Jeanne Temento born August 22, 1885 and died before 1900.
<BR>
<BR>#3 Percy Temento born August 22, 1885 and died about 1900
<BR>
<BR>#4 John Paul Temento, Sr., born August 22, 1884 in Louisiana died October 30, 1918, married Josephine Marisco on August 5, 1905. They had 3 children;
<BR> a) Maurice S. Temento born September 16, 1906 in Louisiana and died September 29, 1906, in LaRose Church, Louisiana.
<BR> b) Walter A. Temento born September 9, 1907 in Louisiana and died February 7, 1960, no marriage or children.
<BR> c) Francis Joseph Temento born January 24, 1910 in Louisiana, died February 19, 1960, married Valla Jane Wisley,
<BR> 1. they adopted a daughter, Jane Ann \"Lazy Daisy\" Temento and she died May 21, 2002, leaving 1 daughter and 4 grandchildren.
<BR>
<BR>#5 Last child, Joseph Martin (Kemento) Temento born December 15, 1878, in St. James Parish, LA, died April 29, 1927 in New Orleans, LA, married Mollie Berthe Rousch on June 12, 1901, in Westwego, LA. They had 8 children,
<BR> a) Emma Mary, born June 13, 1902 in Westwego, LA, died May 25, 1988 in Pass Christian, Mississippi, USA. My Aunt Emma married John Anthony Becker, Sr. and they had one son who had 3 daughters.
<BR>
<BR> b) Joseph Martin Temento, Jr. born about 1904 in Westwego, LA and died about 1904.
<BR>
<BR> c) My father, Elmore Adolph Temento born April 1, 1906, in Westwego, LA, died October 13, 1986, LA., married on August 31, 1937, in Gretna, LA. They had 2 daughters,
<BR> 1. One born November 26, 1938 in New Orleans, LA, married on November 24, 1957 in Westwego, LA. They had 3 children 2 girls and 1 son. One daughter has 3 children.
<BR> 2. And myself, born February 14, 1943, married and I have 3 children. Both of my girls have 2 sons. My son does not have children yet.
<BR>
<BR> d) Ruby Irene Temento born August 30, 1908 in Westwego, LA, died April 14, 1977 in Hammond, LA. Never married, no children.
<BR>
<BR> e) Amolia Rosalie Temento born April 23, 1910 in Westwego, LA, died February 2, 1932 in New Orleans, LA, no children.
<BR>
<BR> f) Joseph Andrew Temento, born February 28, 1916 in Westwego, LA, married April 17, 1937, had 1 son, and their son had 2 children a boy (no children) and a girl 2 children.
<BR>
<BR> g) Henry Harold Temento, Sr. born February 23, 1918 in Westwego, LA, died april 1967 in Metairie, LA married had 1 son who had 2 girls.
<BR>
<BR> h) Sterling Martin Temento, Sr., born May 28, 1921 in Westwego, LA, married and had 2 children, 1 son who had 3 children and 1 daughter that had 3 sons.
<BR>
<BR>As you can see we only have one boy to carry the name down. He is now in his 30\'s. All the girls have sons and the boys did not. This will be a lost surname unless we can find distant relatives. I need help.
<BR>
<BR>
ptimber
Master
Master

Temento surname

Post by ptimber »

It is not wise to speculate about mispelling. There is Demento or De Mento surname from Sicily but there is no substantiation that this is the correct name. Time to tighten the belt and go into heavy research....are you prepared?? Go to www,nutrias.org/~nopl/info/louinfo/louinfo3.htm and follow directions to obtain microfilm listed thru the American Genealogical lending Library for a nominal fee. Your local library can make arrangements and make a copy of this website to bring with you. If there is a Mormon Church Family History Library ear your home go to them and ask them for the microfilm. Please let me know what happens Peter
ebburas

Temento surname

Post by ebburas »

Thank you Peter,
<BR>I have checked the web site you recommended, no luck.
<BR>I have checked the Genealogy.com and Ancestry.com web sites, no luck.
<BR>I picked him up in the 1880 East Carroll Parish, LA Census, 1890 in City Directory in N.O., and he has dropped out of site after that and I know he lived to July 1928.
<BR>
<BR>He and his wife were godparents to a Centanni in 1885 in the Baton Rouge, LA Diocese.
<BR>
<BR>Where do I go next.
<BR>
ptimber
Master
Master

Temento surname

Post by ptimber »

I sent you the website for all the microfilms relationg to information on records pf Passenger arrivals in New Orleans. If you uncover the entry you will get the correct name since it will be based on Italian issued documents (not unless he jumped ship!!) and other pertinent biographical data (place of origin). Peter
exitaliano

Re: Temento surname

Post by exitaliano »

Read about info on Temento family name. Not my family, but I do have two paintings done by Walter A Temento in 1946, if any of his relatives want to contact me about them. They are very nice.
ebburas

Post by ebburas »

I would love to have the painting by Walter Temento. Please contact me at ebburas@bellsouth.net
ebburas

Post by ebburas »

Please contact me about the Walter Temento paintings. ebburas@bellsouth.net