Caruso Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Larica

Caruso Surname

Post by Larica »

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Hey there
My name is Larissa and I would like to know how to find out about my anchestors in Italy. I have no clue where they were born other than what my grandfather believes that would be Calabria.
The surname is Caruso
Anybody has a clue how to help me?
send an e-mail to hotaru@ig.com.br please

:?: :?: :?: :?:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Larissa there are 1,604 persons spread over the entire 5 rpovinces of Calabria who are surnamed CARUSO. In Italy all records and history are in the city,town or village of origin of the family. You would have to know from what town he was born in and his date of birth in order to trace any family documents or history. Please get back to me when you start looking and asking your relatives for information about your grandfather. I see that you are in Brazil and I am in NYC so I cannot help you. You must help yourself in Brazil. Peter
Larica

What I found out

Post by Larica »

:D

I just found out today that he was born in Puglia, Italy. Exactly in Arbirona - in province of Foggia.
He was also born in 1867 but I have no clue about month and day

Does that help? I hope so
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The town may be Alberona. Write to Ufficio di Stato,Postale 71031, Comune di Alberona, Provincia Foggia, Puglia region. Italy. Send form letter (see www.italianancestry.com in part 3 for form letter in Italian langiuage). Enclose self addressed envelope and postal cupons of $5.00 requesting the birth record. The year will be sufficient. There are 7 persons ion the town also surnamed Caruso and can be viewed at www.paginebianche.it. Peter