Lobozzo Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
stlobozzo

Lobozzo Family

Post by stlobozzo »

I am looking for my family surname Lobozzo. I know that they were here in US in 1930 but I can't find anything before that. I don't know where in Italy they came from. Any suggestions on where to turn to now?

Tricia
stlobozzo

Tarantino and Spinosa

Post by stlobozzo »

I am also looking for any infor on Frank and Rose Tarantino and Catherine Spinosa. I can't find anything on them either. I have no idea where to start.

Tricia
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Lobozzo is rather unique since all 48 who enetered the USA ciome from Bovino, Proincia Foggia, Puglia region in Italy. Go to www.ellisislandrecords.org for these entries and for the entries of the entries of Spinosa and tarantino as well. Go to the Ships manifest and seek out the relevant information once you have determined who your ancestors were. Once you locate the person then you will have his year of birth and are in a position to obtain documents and possibly relatives. Peter
stlobozzo

Lobozzo

Post by stlobozzo »

Thank you so much for your help!!! This has been a long and exciting adventure - Tricia
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

It is just starting when your ready to find birth ,marriage or other documents, get back to me so I can send you on and see if you can find family in Italy. Peter
stlobozzo

Lobozzo

Post by stlobozzo »

I will definitely get back to you. Thank you again for your wonderful knowledge.

Trish
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Anytime! Peter
stlobozzo

Lobozzo

Post by stlobozzo »

I am totally stumped. I know that the Lobozzo's immigrated in 1910 and lived in Stamford Conn. in 1930.

I know that the Spinosa's immigrated in 1911 and lived in Stamford Conn in 1930.

But I can't find any Ellis Island records of names that I have. Or ages that match what I know.

I am totally confused on the Tarantino's there are so many that I can not keep track.

Any Advice? - Trish
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

It may be that "Tarantino" entered the USA thru another port other than NYC and so if you go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 passenger arrival record or him you may find he entered thru Boston or Pghiladelphia or Baltimore. You never know about these things but you have to try. You don't say if you know the Tarantino full name or his date of birth or year of birth but that is what is required in the form 81 which you file with NARA (USA national Archives). Peter
stlobozzo

Post by stlobozzo »

Okay thank you. I have a birthday for Tarantino but it is just a guess. So I am not sure if it is the right Frank Tarantino. I am still plugging away! :)
Trish
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

did you go thru Social security death iondex if he died after 1963??You can obtain a copy of his original application for a social Security card (SS-5) which has all the vital information but it costs $27.00 or a litttle less if you request an extract. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Did yhou go thru Social Security death index for "your" Tarantino if he died after 1963? His original application will have the vital data on him (SS-5). Peter
stlobozzo

Lobozzo

Post by stlobozzo »

Yes I went through the SSDI records. there are a few Frank Tarantinos. Next weekend our grandmother is coming down so I will get all the info I can from her.

I found Vincenzo Lobozzo
Arrived Feb 9 1911
17 yrs old
Shop Berlin
DEP. Naples, Campania, Italy

in the SSDI I found Vincezo Lobozzo
B.. Jan 6 1894
D July 1977
Stamford CT.

Stamford is where the my family lived before moving to florida.

So now what do I do? - Trish
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Well now you have Vincenzo Lobozzo name and date of birth and where he was born am I correct? Did you go to www.ellisislandrecords.org for his entry into the USA and look him up in the ships manifest? Put this in a sheet and start working backwards to Italy. When you have all the people you want listed by name,date of birth and place of birth then we can start getting documents. Peter
stlobozzo

lobozzo

Post by stlobozzo »

do you know where i can find the boston immigration lists? Trish