help finding towns please

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

help finding towns please

Post by cerg »

Hello,
I am looking for a couple of different towns. Onmy Great Grandfathers NA papers in say tht his last known residence was Blatto, Italia.Any idea where this is? Also I have another ancestor that lived in Arsia or near there. In the letter that I have in says that the town was changed to Asria, it also mentions Cacoti ? and Carpano. Please any help will be greatly appericated.

best regards, Kristina
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: help finding towns please

Post by nuccia »

Hi cerg,

I believe Arsia is in Tuscany area...

Cacoti..Romania?

Carpano...Treviso, Udine

Blatto....don't know really.

I'm sure someone else may be able to help with this and offer other suggestions.

Nuccia
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Blatto is in Austria..

Here's a list of immigrants from Blatto so you can view.

http://ellisisland.jewishgen.org/GenSea ... SYR=&BEYR=

Nuccia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Have you tried using any of the search options in the Locations database
to the left of the screen?
wldspirit
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hey everyone thank you, yes I put in all the town names I was looking for and got no results. How much on my ggrandfather's papers it say he was from Blatto, Italia? everyone take care ! tahnk you again
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Northern Italy was part of Austria at one time...am I right Lisa, Riccardo, suanj..anyone? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuccia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I believe so......and so you will find Italians of fair complexion, blue eyes and blond hair.......I know......I have a throwback to some previous generation, my son is very different than the rest of us...I jokingly call him the milkmans baby....... :wink:

here is a brief outline.......

http://austria.mindbit.com/

wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

wldspirit wrote:I believe so......and so you will find Italians of fair complexion, blue eyes and blond hair.......I know......I have a throwback to some previous generation, my son is very different than the rest of us...I jokingly call him the milkmans baby....... :wink:

here is a brief outline.......

http://austria.mindbit.com/

wldspirit
Good...keep the boy guessing....it's not good for them to be too comfortable! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for confirming..geography was my worst subject..had to take it 5 times in the 10th grade! :oops:

Nuccia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

History and geography were some of my favorites.........
the worst for me was speech class........repeated that one a couple
of times.....I refused to get up in front of the class and do presentations....... :P
Lisa
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

Noth Italy related to Austria after 1821 restauration.

Till 1797 All the northeast area was under Serenissima Republic of Venice, form 1797 to 1814 under Napoleon.
From 1821 till 1866 Piemonte and Liguria were a free kingdom (Savoia), Lombardia, Veneto and parte of Friuli was The lombardo-Veneto kingdom under austrian influence, Trentino and the rest part of Friuli was Austria.
From 1866 the Lombardo-Veneto kingdom was taken by Savoia. All toghether formed the first Kingdom of Italy. Trentino and part of Friuli were still Austria till 1918 (WWI), after which they were annesed to Italy with Istria, Fiume and part of Dalmazia.
After 1946 (WWII) Italy loose Istria, Dalmazia, part of Isonzo valley and a couple of village on French border.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Dearest Nuccia and Lisa, I think that blatto was the italian name of:
Peracko Blato(dalmatian name) aka Blatto della Cèttina(italian name)

the map:
http://fallingrain.com/world/HR/0/Peracko_Blato.html

More, until 1866: under Austria power was ( area and the districts):
Bencovazzo (Bencovazzo, Chistagne ed Obbrovazzo),
Cattaro (Cattaro, Budua, Castelnuovo di Cattaro e Perasto),
Curzola (Curzola, Blatta, Sabbioncello),
Imoschi (Imoschi),
Lesina (Lesina, Lissa, Cittavecchia di Lesina),
Macarsca (Macarsca e Vergoraz),
Metcovich (Metcovich),
Ragusa di Dalmazia (Ragusa, Ragusavecchia e Stagno Grande),
San Pietro della Brazza (San Pietro della Brazza),
Sebenico (Sebenico, Scardona e Stretto),
Signo (Signo e Verlicca),
Spalato (Spalato, Almissa e Traù),
Tenin (Tenin e Dernis),
Zara (Zara, Zaravecchia, Pago ed Arbe).

kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Another question, back to the whole Blatto thing . On Giovanni's NA papers it says that he was born in Blatto , Bergot and that his last known residence was Blatto, Italia.When he left Italy he left from Fiume. So is Blatto Bergot the same place as Blatto Italia and where the heck is Bergot?
I have looked several times for these places and can not find them. I would really like to figure out where in Italy my family came from. Also the town of Asria someone said was in teh tuscany area does anyone know what teh town used to be called? Because accordy to my letters that I have it was changed to Arsia sometime between 1935 and 1938. I hope someone can answer these question. thank you guys
regards, Kristina
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

cerg wrote:Another question, back to the whole Blatto thing . On Giovanni's NA papers it says that he was born in Blatto , Bergot and that his last known residence was Blatto, Italia.When he left Italy he left from Fiume. So is Blatto Bergot the same place as Blatto Italia and where the heck is Bergot?
I have looked several times for these places and can not find them. I would really like to figure out where in Italy my family came from. Also the town of Asria someone said was in teh tuscany area does anyone know what teh town used to be called? Because accordy to my letters that I have it was changed to Arsia sometime between 1935 and 1938. I hope someone can answer these question. thank you guys
regards, Kristina
-Blatto is Blatto, and , or Blatto Bergot( you sure of spelling?) or Blatto Italia is always Blatto.. no more Blatto are...

-about Arsia this is the right name: Raša - Arsia on Carpano lake.. this town exisiting in 1936 because was a town of miners...

here are some detail about this new town in 1936:

Sul lato nord-orientale dello scomparso lago, nel punto in cui la valle serrata dai monti incomincia ad allargarsi verso il mare, è sorto un moderno agglomerato di minatori chiamato Arsia (in croato Rasa). La sua edificazione si iniziò nella primavera del 1936 in base dei progetti degli ingegneri Pulitzer, Ceppi, Finali, Rado Lah e Franjo Kosovel, questi ultimi due sloveni.

in north east of missing lake, in the point in which the valley is locked from mounts and begins to increase itself towards the sea, it is risen modern (urban)agglomerated of miners called Arsia (in Croatian RASA). Its birth was begun in the spring of 1936 second the plans of engineers: Pulitzer, Ceppi, Finali, Rado Lah e Franjo Kosovel, these last two Slovenians.

Arsia map
Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi cerg,

Can you link the document that has Blatto, Begot on it, using a hosting service like www.imageshack.com? This may help us!

Thanks,

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

PS.

There are several towns in Croatia spelled BLATO, some close to RASA.

Here is a link to the list.

http://data.jewishgen.org/wconnect/wc.d ... shtetlexp5.

suanj,

Could BEGOT be a region or military district in Croatia?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.