Surname Debellis

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Julliette24

Surname Debellis

Post by Julliette24 »

Hi Everyone

I am looking on information on the Surname Debellis.
Does anyone have an idea what this name means and from what part of italy it comes from?
I heard that the Debellis family was quite an important family in Italy.
I dont know how it is now.
My dad is from the Debellis family but he left when I was a child.
I hope to get some information on this.
Its really important for me to know.
My mom isnt of any help to me on this.
I am very sad that I've never really met my dad before.

with kind regards

Julliette :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Debellis is a surname that is found both in Southern Italy and the Venice area. The base name for De Bellis, Dibellis and all the numerous variations of Belli, bello Bella De Bello De Belli la bella Bellandi Bellesi Bel;ligi etc etc etc is BELLI. The name came into popular use during the High Medieval period as a greeting or wish that a child grows beautifully. There are 70 poersons currently in Italy with the Debellis surname and spread thruout the north in the Venice and Torino areas and the rest in central Italy with a few scattered in the south. If I can help you further please let me know. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you wish to trace other reference to Debellis go to www.google.com and insert DEBELLIS SURNAME in the title and you can explore tha name. It may not relate to you or your family but it covers many persons, places and events connected with De Bellis. Peter
Julliette24

Surname Debellis

Post by Julliette24 »

Julliette24

Post by Julliette24 »

I wanna know if there are or where any italian counts /countesses in Italy carrying the name Debellis.
I am asking this question cause my mom said that my dad is an italian count.

Greetings from Jullietteee :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to the Mormon church Family History Library nearest your home (check telephone directory) and look up the Historical encyclopedia of Italian Nobility, Milano (enciclopedia storico-nobialre italiana 1928. Look under FHL book EUROPE 945 D56s;computer #85657.

The family History Library has collected many recoprds of Italian nobility. They are listed in the Locality Search of the catalog under Italy-Nobility, Italy (province) Nobility and Italy (province) (town)-Nobility.

Lots of luck to you and I admire your research determination. Peter
Julliette24

Post by Julliette24 »

Thanks Peter :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

get back to me should you need any further assistance. Peter
Julliette24

Post by Julliette24 »

Do you think I can also find this enciclopedia of italian nobility in an ordinary library?

greetings ,

Julliette
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Not likely. but It may be on microfilm atg the Mormon family history library. Peter
Julliette24

Post by Julliette24 »

I have wrote some wrong info about the man who I think is my true dad.
My mom told me that the man who she is married to now is my real dad(still I dont believe her about it cause when I ask her about her italian ex she freaks out)so I talked to the man who I call my dad and I asked him about moms ex ( the man I think is my real dad) and he said that her ex comes from Bari in Southern Italy and that he is a baron and not an italian count.
I asked my mom about it and she said that he is a baron as well.
My mom also told me he is jewish and that his mom was jewish but that she wasn't from Italy.
Is it true that in the southern italy there are more italians who got blond hair? Do the italians in Bari have blond hair as well?
Any info would be very welcome.
I would be very happy with some info on the italian barons that used to be or still are in Bari and what their function was and /still is.
I am busy now looking for info about this
wherever I can and all other information is welcome.
Can anyone tell me from experience how Bari is as a place to visit?

greetings

Julliette :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are blondes and redheads and sandy haired and black and brown haired people with brown,green,blue.black and chestnut colored eyes. Nobility is largely personal and has no real function except when greeting someone who is indeed a nobelman.You are going to have to go to the internet on your computer and go to www.google.com and insert the topics you want to know about. Just put in tourist information Bari, Italy and Italian nobility Apulia region. Peter
lorettac

Post by lorettac »

My aunt who lives in Modena Italy was married to a DeBellis. He passed away approximately 6 years ago but he was the most handsome and absolutley wonderful man I've ever known.
Loretta :)
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Loretta. What a wonderful tribute! Peter
AbbyNicole

Debellis name??? at a loss....

Post by AbbyNicole »

My grandmother was named Cosma Domiana Debellis. .. she was born in italy... around 1912.. she married
Nicholas Creme. . And lived In Akron, Ohio ... I think her fathers name was Veto Debellis. . Born around 1885 ..
.in italy.. possibly in Bari... anyone out there have any connection to these people or info??

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ! Thanks.. Abby Nicole Creme