FAMIGLIETTI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
toilegirl

FAMIGLIETTI

Post by toilegirl »

I am looking to connect with FAMIGLIETTI relatives.
My great grandmother was Angelina FAMIGLIETTI [married to Vincenzo SOLOMITA 1898] daughter of Guiseppe FAMIGLIETTI and Antonia RANAUDO,she was born in Frigento in 1879. She had 2 older brothers that also immigrated to Memphis Tennessee, Angelo Michele FAMIGLIETTI and Giovanni FAMIGLIETTI. There is mention of 2 other brothers on ship manifests Carmine [Brooklyn 1898 ]and Marciano[ Frigento 1909].
Would like to find any descendants of these FAMIGLIETTI's.
I would like to add this information that I received from another FAMIGLIETTI this week. This shows my greatgreatgrandfather'sparentage and his siblings. I have the family going back to the mid 1700's now [this is just a single generation]
I would love to trace all the siblings. I do have more info on the first 3 sons and each honored their father as was custom by naming their firstborn sons Angelo Michele Famiglietti.
4. FAMIGLIETTI, Angelo Michele (called Michele in m. rec.)
son of FAMIGLIETTI, Giuseppe & FAMIGLIETTI, Angela
contadino in 1825, colono in 1842, 1852
lived in Frigento in strada S. Pietro
b. ca. 1805-1806
age 20 in 1825, age 36 in 1842, age 41 in 1848
m. age 20: 3 June 1825 CIPRIANO, Arcangela
(age 19, from F.)
children:
Pasquale b. 1 Apr. 1827 (see)
Giuseppe b. 1 Oct. 1829 (see)
Rosaria, age 20, m. 26 Apr. 1852
CALO’, Angelantonio (from F., age 23)
Angela Rosa, age 24, m. 11 Feb. 1858
CALO’, Lorenzo (from F., age 24)
Marciano b. 18 Apr. 1838 (see)
Vitoantonio b. 29 Dec. 1842
Filippantonio b. 27 July 1844
Lorenzo b. 8 Feb. 1848
So far I have not been able to connect with any other FAMIGLIETTI's if this rings a bell let me know I have more.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am assuming that the ships manifest you talked about show their place of origin as Frigento. There are 53 Famiglietti surnamed listing in Frigento. If yuou wish to review these 53 listings then go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Famiglietti and whatever other name you wish (one at a time) in the first line and Frigento in the third line and click CERCA. If you are seeking descendants then you need some additional identifiers. If you wish toi rerquest Angelina Famiglietti birth record and the Certificato di Stato di Famiglia (family certificate with her father Giuseppe as head of household) which contains all the mmebers of that immediate family then you have to write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Frigento postale 83040, Provincia Avellino, Campania region, Italy. You must write in Italian and send a self addressed envelope with $5.00 EURO orUS or postal coupons as suggested by the Mormon church. You can also go to the Family history library of the Mormon church nearest your home and rent the microfilm for Frigento archives for a nominal fee and research yourself for the family. Peter
Maryellen

Post by Maryellen »

theres a famiglietti family here in batavia ny
ill call her to see if she can into this site
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is no connection here to Batavia Mary ellen what are you doing here in this forum looking up something you are not familiar with?? Peter
Maryellen

Post by Maryellen »

what?
i know a family here in batavia that might have connections
isnt that what this forum is for?
to help with connecting?
if not i will join another forum
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

This forum is for people who are familiar with genealogy and who can respond to specific inquiries as it relates to their family genealogy. This is not a chat type forum and just tossing out a name and nothing else without any indentifiers, names,dates or places of birth and knowledge of websites and addresses in Italy and the USA including US government and Italy government offices. I hope this explains my astonishment at your cryptic message. Peter
mstanco

Re: FAMIGLIETTI

Post by mstanco »

Hi, My grandmother was Mariangela Famiglietti, her father Amato came to the U.S. in the early 1900's to New York from Frigento, Italy. Amato's father was Vito Famiglietti. Can we be related?
MARCO. A. STANCO
milhistbuff1

Post by milhistbuff1 »

Marco,

Did Amato or Vito have siblings named Francesco (18??) or Raffaelle(1875-1947) Raffaelle is my Great Grandfather and the family was from Frigento.
famiglietti49

Post by famiglietti49 »

Angelo Michele Famiglietti is my 1st cousin 6x removed. I would like to connect with you and compare trees. There is a good chance that we are also cousins. You can email me directly at famiglietti49@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Rich