Help writing letter

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
coldvolt

Help writing letter

Post by coldvolt »

Hello
I attempted to write a letter to someone in Italian and wanted to know if my punctuation and grammar was correct.

" Cara Alyssa Del Piero,
Io mi chiamo Daniel e ho tredici anni. Sono il Coreano, ma abito a Toongabbie in Australia. Parlo bene l’inglese e coreano. Sono un tipo molto socievole e mi piace molto lo sport. E tu, dove abiti? Quante lingue parli? "

I wanted to say in italian,
Dear Alyssa Del Piero
My name is Daniel and I am 13 years old. I am Korean, living in Toongabbie, Australia. I speak English and Korean. I am very social and like playing sport.
Where do you live? What languages do you speak?

Im not really sure if "Quante lingue parli" means "What languages do you speak". If it isnt can you tell me how to say "What languages do you speak" in italian, please?

And also how do you say "My hobbies are playing games and listening to music." and "What are your hobbies and interests?" in italian ?

Thanks!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Help writing letter

Post by wldspirit »

Until one of our Italian posters comes along for a translation.....
here is an Italian/English dictionary for your use.........

http://www.wordreference.com/

wldspirit
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

Yes, your transaltion is about correct and understable.

Will be better, instead of "quante lingue parli", to write "quali lingue parli".

My hobbies are playing games and listening to music." and "What are your hobbies and interests?

Playing games will be translated as "giocare con i giochi", but, in Italian, does not make any sense. Do you mean to play with PS2 or similar games?
If yes, translation will be: i miei hobby sono giocare con i videogame e ascoltare musica. Quali sono i tuoi hobby e quali sono i tuoi interessi?

Don't tell me, she lives in San Vendemiano (TV), Italy......
If yes, I'll bring her the letter by hand!
coldvolt

Post by coldvolt »

Thanks "wishyou" for helping me write a letter and also can you translate how to say "Where were you born" in italian and also "I was born in Corea"

Also can you see if this has correct grammar, please.

Cara Alyssa Del Piero,

Io mi chiamo Daniel e ho tredici anni. Sono coreano, ma abito a Toongabbie in Australia. Parlo bene l’inglese e il coreano. Sono un tipo molto socievole e mi piace molto lo sport. I miei hobby sono giocare con i videogame e ascoltar musica. Quali sono i tuoi hobby e quail sono I tuoi interessi? E tu, dove abiti? Quali lingue parli?
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

For my knowledge the letter is perfect.

Where you were born?
Dove sei nata?

When you were born?
Quando sei nata?

I was born in Korea
Io sono nato in Corea