ricerco cugini LO PICCOLO in NY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: ricerco cugini LO PICCOLO in NY

Post by wldspirit »

il mio Italiano....non buon. gli Americani.....per non capire.......il discorso Italiano....era difficile.....per scrivere i nomi.....tanto errore.... :oops:
DeLisa
sanlopiccolo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sanlopiccolo »

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/13/1 ... oloiy0.jpg

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/9501/frankix1.jpg

in these two manifestos that job makes Francesco?

I do not succeed to understand, not law well.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Suanj could explain better........but many Italians did not read or write English.....so they did laborers work.........which covers many types of jobs....
DeLisa
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In the http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/13/1 ... oloiy0.jpg is a labourer (lavoratore generico) in the http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/9501/frankix1.jpg is a bricklayer (muratore), regards (and kisses for wldspirit), suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

nuccia wrote: World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Frank Lopiccolo
Name: Frank Lopiccolo
City: New Orleans
County: Orleans
State: Louisiana
Birthplace: Sicily;Italy
Birth Date: 4 Sep 1888
Race: White
Roll: 1684919
DraftBoard: 6

WW1 Draft Cards
In the WW1 Draft cards it says he is a cook for a restaurant..does this help at all?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
sanlopiccolo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sanlopiccolo »

grazie a tutti siete incredibili, continuate a mandarmi informazioni. Baci

thanks to all you are incredible, continued to send information to me. Kisses
sanlopiccolo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sanlopiccolo »

Dimenticavo! un bacio dal mio bambino che aiuta sempre me (la mamma) in questa Ricerca.

I forgot! a kiss from my child who helps always me (the mother) in this Search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

We will continue to look for infos......and I hope we find your cousins for you!!!
Kisses,
DeLisa
etobia

Post by etobia »

Did your grandfather Vincenzo ever travel to America? I show two Francesco lo PICCOLO on NY PASSENGER LISTS around the time you state.
sanlopiccolo wrote:Over recent years by now I try to have news of the descendants of FRANCESCO LO PICCOLO, been born to SAN GIUSEPPE JATO in province of Palermo 30 January 1887, left for NY in 1906 approximately. Married to Brooklyn with one its countrywoman of not sure name (Caterina Marchione)? or (Marianna Marchione). They had many sons between which: Benedict LO PICCOLO, Maria LO PICCOLO, and then also Giuseppe, Gaetana, Gertrude, Francisco. Of the first two names Benedict and Maria are sure that is, because they carried the names grandfathers, parents of FRANCESCO LO PICCOLO. My grandfather Vincenzo Lo Piccolo was the only brother of Francesco, and he has not never known it, because to the age of its departure he had only 2 years. Francesco never more is not returned in Italy, for some year has given news then after its dead women around to years “50, has not known more nothing. Four years ago my grandfather Vincenzo is dead man, with the sorrow not to have known more nothing neither of the brother neither of the grandsons. I have tried but I have evidently not made in time dargli this joy, I do not want to surrender but, and I hope that you can help me.
401 W. 1st St., Corning, NY 14830-2331
sanlopiccolo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sanlopiccolo »

ciao etobia, mio nonno Vincenzo non è mai stato in America.

hello etobia, my grandfather Vincenzo never has not been in America.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

This evening I have more free time........so I will search for more info.

You may have to send for US documents......for this we will help....

hoping for good luck..... :D

Kisses,
DeLisa
sanlopiccolo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sanlopiccolo »

Ciao a tutti , finalmente trovo un pò di tempo per scrivere (non è semplice con il lavoro e i figli) , ci sono informazioni?

Hello to all, finally I find of the time in order to write (is not simple with the job and the sons), are information?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I have no further records on the family, and no information on the sons and daughters.......but I am going to make some phone calls on Monday morning to see if I can get some further leads.
I am also going to contact the Archdiocese.......we have the address of the family in the WW2 draft registration......so hopefully we can determine more........

I am not one to give up easily......hopefully, Suanj or Riccardo can translate this for you...... :D

DeLisa
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Sanlopiccolo; I searched for many time and no records again.. what is strange that your ancestors was in 1920 and 1930 NY census, but I cannot find it in 1925 Brooklyn census.. abt the descendants I wrote at some Lo Piccolo in NY, but no reply until this moment... It is so strange that we don't find more... the search continue.. suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

wldspirit wrote:I have no further records on the family, and no information on the sons and daughters.......but I am going to make some phone calls on Monday morning to see if I can get some further leads.
I am also going to contact the Archdiocese.......we have the address of the family in the WW2 draft registration......so hopefully we can determine more........

I am not one to give up easily......hopefully, Suanj or Riccardo can translate this for you...... :D

DeLisa
Non ho altri records sulla famiglia, e niente informazioni sui figli e figlie... ma farò qualche telefonata lunedì mattina per vedere se posso trovare ulteriori agganci( contatti); sto contattando anche l'Arcidiocesi.. abbiamo l'indirizzo della famiglia durante la lista di leva della WWII; così eventualmente possiamo determinare di più....

:wink: kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH