Maria Tommaso Taraborrelli - Giuseppe Garibaldi Connection

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
firstmate2

Maria Tommaso Taraborrelli - Giuseppe Garibaldi Connection

Post by firstmate2 »

My fraternal grandmother, Maria Tommaso, was born in 1884 in Guardiagrele, Chieti, Abrusso, Italy. Her father was Donato Taraborrelli (I cannot find a birth yeara for him). There is no mention of her mother's name. She told us she was related to Guiseppe Garbaldi. If anyone any information they could send it would be greatly appreciated.

Maria Tommaso was married to Antonio Severino Taraborrelli (Born 1882) in 1902 in Guardigrele. She had three sons in Italy. My grandfather Antonio arrived in the US 1909 and my grandmother followed with my father and his two brothers in 1921. They had 3 daughters in Philadelphia.

THANK YOU!

firstmate2@comcast.net
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Maria Tommaso Taraborrelli - Giuseppe Garibaldi Connecti

Post by wldspirit »

Just to be specific.......your interest is in Italian records or American records?
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
firstmate2

Post by firstmate2 »

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I have all the American records I could find with Ancestry.com. The information I need would be available in Italian records. I cannot find information beyond Maria's father with Ancestry.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Since you know who and when she married, as well as her birthyear, send for the records of birth and marriage. You have her fathers name, and the records should list the mother. Two sites which will help in composing your request, ask for an extract:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... talian.ASP

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

the second will help you with the address.....I prefer the Lds letter.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

Ciao, sono italiano.
Vedi il sito sui Taraborelli http://nitens.org/genea/, perche Taraborrelli è una variante italiana di Taraborelli, cognome originario.
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

Excuse me,
the site on Taraborelli/Taraborrelli from abruzzo is: http://nitens.org/genea/
firstmate2

Post by firstmate2 »

Thank you for sharing your web site with me. I could not find any relatives from my family referenced. I know that my father's family decendents were born in Guardiagrele.

I am new to genelogy and find it very interesting but frustrating at times. I can appreciate your dedication in completing your family history in such detail.

Shirley
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

firstmate2 wrote:My fraternal grandmother, Maria Tommaso, was born in 1884 in Guardiagrele, Chieti, Abrusso, Italy. Her father was Donato Taraborrelli (I cannot find a birth yeara for him). There is no mention of her mother's name. She told us she was related to Guiseppe Garbaldi. If anyone any information they could send it would be greatly appreciated.

Maria Tommaso was married to Antonio Severino Taraborrelli (Born 1882) in 1902 in Guardigrele. She had three sons in Italy. My grandfather Antonio arrived in the US 1909 and my grandmother followed with my father and his two brothers in 1921. They had 3 daughters in Philadelphia.

THANK YOU!

firstmate2@comcast.net
never, in Italy, we knew abt Giuseppe Garibaldi connections in Abruzzo... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH