Cert. of Nonexistance of Record - in 45 days. WOW!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

Cert. of Nonexistance of Record - in 45 days. WOW!

Post by Nello-LosAngeles »

Good News. I have received a Certicate of Nonexistance of Record, for my grandfather, from US Citizenship and Immiration Services in 45 days including mail both ways. This is good news in that others have told me it takes many months to get this.

For the record here is what I did. Maybe it made the difference.

Used the new G-639 form (rev. 11/13/06) and a letter detailing everything I knew that could be useful; Immigration date, All known places of residence with dates, info on wife and children; Proved I was intitled to receive the info by including grandfather's death certificate, my father's birth/death certicicate, my birth certificate; Wrote a declation that I was the grandchild; then had the whole package notarized.

Nello
mler
Master
Master

Re: Cert. of Nonexistance of Record - in 45 days. WOW!

Post by mler »

Super! You make a good case for supplying as much information as possible. It makes it easier for them to do a search. Congratulations.
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nello-LosAngeles »

mler,
Thanks! With the help of nuccia and suanj, the last document I need has been located, but not in my hands yet. I still have to wait for and amendment to a California document. In the mean time I will get the translations started and get Apostilles.

My biggest delay is an appointment with the Los Angeles Consulate.
Thanks for the help.
Nello
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Then VaDeb was right, and it is unfortunate that many of our posters are being advised to not use this resource.
Congratulations..... :)
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."