Sanzotera/Sanzottera

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bodecia

Sanzotera/Sanzottera

Post by bodecia »

I am looking for information of the origin of the name Sanzotera/Sanzottera. I know there aren't that many, but if someone could help me I would appreciate it. I am also looking for information on a Maria (Cucchi) and Robert Sanzotera. Maria emigrated from Italy and she and Robert lived in Missouri. They had six children. I am also looking for childhood information on one of there children; Rudolph Henry Sanzotera. He played baseball on The Hill in St. Louis with Yogi Berra and Joe Garragiola (spelled right?) I cannot find anything on the Sanzotera's or Cucchi's. I know something is out there. Any help or information would be so appreciated. Thank you.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The only record I can come up with that seems to be your "roberto" is a ENRICO SANZATERRA destined to St.Louis to his brother Pompeop on October 14.1905. Since you mention Missouri, it seemed logical even though first names seem to change in the USA after arrival and Enrico may be his legal name. There is no record for Maria Cucchi that iummediately come up. There are 11 maria Cucci coming in at different dates and different ages so you may want to check out her entry as well as Enrico's entry at www.Ellisisland.org.The record of the town of origin for Enrico Sanzaterra is illegible so I cannot determine his town of origin(If this Enrico is indeed your Roberto). In Italy the town of origin has asll the records,the family history,relatives and documents. Please let me know if Enrico Sanzaterra is your mna. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Bodecia: Sanzotera not exist.

Currently Sanzottera is exact spelling.
This surname, little diffused, currently is present in Lombardia region, and probably roots of this family come from Cuggiono town( Milano province-Lombardia region)...

:roll: suanj
bodecia

Post by bodecia »

The person I am trying to help, his legal name is Sanzotera as was his father. I think his grandfather may have dropped a t. There are two Sanzotera's in Missouri with this last name.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

YES WE KNOW THIS. Peter
bodecia

Post by bodecia »

ptimber wrote:YES WE KNOW THIS. Peter
I know you know, but I was talking to Suanj, sorry.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

ma questa e una grande famiglia!! Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:ma questa e una grande famiglia!! Peter
Yes Peter: questa è una grande famiglia! This is great family!(just in english Peter? my master...! :wink: )
Bodecia my opinion:
The surname Sanzottera is typical of Milano area. The surname origin is very difficult... I task that drifts from SENZATERRA surname(much rare only 1 sicilian Common). In order to find ancestors is good thing to send demanded info (in italian language) to Lombardia' s Common ( Cuggiono, Vittuone and Morbegno) where I reside Sanzottera ..

not there are doubts that Sanzotera surname exists in Missouri, but sure in Italy it is Sanzottera, if it sendes all inherent details, I prepare you letter in Italian, in order to demand info(through email) to these Commons..
:wink: suanj