Giulianova Castorani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CCastorani

Giulianova Castorani

Post by CCastorani »

Looking for Castorani family information and Genealogy. My Father was Carlo Castorani b. 12-22-1919 (Giulianova/Pescara) moved to the U.S. 1959. My Grand Father was Francesco Castorani (Giulianova/Pescara)and my Great Grandfather was Santo Castorani (Giulianova/Pescara).
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Giulianova Castorani

Post by BillieDeKid »

Good morning Carlo.

If you can give as much detailed information that you know it will enable people to better assist you.

If you can give spouses full names for Carlo, Francesco and Santo and birthdates. Also any childeren of these 3 and years of birth if you know them or can make a close guess.

Did Francesco or Santo ever come to USA to work? If so, do you know what state they worked in etc.

Any additional information you can give would be helpful.

Regards,
Elizabeth
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

This is a list of Castoranis who came through Ellis Island. You can see the ship manifests at this site. It is free, but you have to register.
http://www.ellisisland.org/default.asp? ... gAod0xWQGA

The fist number after the name is age, then birth year, then year of immigration.

1 Castorani, Alessandro Guel..., Teramo 24 1888 1912
2 Castorani, Bartholomew Gulianova 33 1880 1913
3 Castorani, Biagio Gulianova, Teraino 28 1879 1907
4 Castorani, Camillo Guilianova, Italy 1 1915 1916
5 Castorani, Carlo Giulianova, Teramo 22 1891 1913
6 Castorani, Donato Guelianova 29 1877 1906
7 Castorani, Elena Giulianova, Italy 14 1906 1920
8 Castorani, Fernando Guilianova, Italy 3 1913 1916
9 Castorani, Francesco Guilianova, Italy 9 1907 1916
10 Castorani, Iolanda Giulianova, Italy 17 1903 1920
11 Castorani, Luigi Giulianova, Teramo 19 1893 1912
12 Castorani, Sante Giulianova, Italy 63 1858 1921
13 Castorani, Splendore Guilianova, Teramo 1 1907 1908

14 Castorani, Vincenzo Giulianova 38 1867 1905
15 Castorani, Virginia Guilianova, Italy 5 1911 1916
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

CCastorani wrote:Looking for Castorani family information and Genealogy. My Father was Carlo Castorani b. 12-22-1919 (Giulianova/Pescara) moved to the U.S. 1959. My Grand Father was Francesco Castorani (Giulianova/Pescara)and my Great Grandfather was Santo Castorani (Giulianova/Pescara).
abt castorani family from giulianova, you can write a email here http://www.giulianovaweb.it/Nonno_d'America/c_nonno.htm
http://www.giulianovaweb.it/Nonno_d'Ame ... _nonno.htm

asking info on your ancestor family umbertoraimondi @ yahoo.it
NO SPACES
and maybe you can have a reply directly from resident people... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
CCastorani

Post by CCastorani »

Spouse of Carlo Castorani is Carmela Spada. b. 01-27-1928 came to U.S. in 1959 and still resides in Vista, Ca 92083 U.S.A. (My Mom) I am the youngest of three sons. b. 04-09-1961 in California. My oldest brother is Francesco Castorani b. 06-05-1945 and immagrated to the U.S. in 1959. my older brother is Massimo Castorani b. 01-29-1954 and immagrated to the U.S. in 1959 with the rest of my family. I was the only son born in the U.S.

Spouse of Francesco Castorani (my grand father) was Sophia Dascenzo. b.? never came to the U.S. Four Children... My Late Father Carlo Castorani Sr. b. 12-22-1919 d. 02-14-1995, Three sisters that passed away very young. Giuseppina, Carolina, Julia. One of the three sisters had a child Edivige Evangelista that married and lives in Taranto with the last name Spada. She had two Children Francesco Spada and Maria Grazie Spade. One sister died at two, the other in her early teens and the last in her early twenties. Francesco Castorani was employed in Pescara and moved there to live with his wife Sophia in the 20's. He was a machinist in Pescara and made Train parts. He was also an inventor who sold one of his inventions to RCA. It was an improved design for a megaphone for phonographs.

My Great Grand Father "Santo Castorani" I have no further information other than that he was a "wooden Barrel maker" in Giulianova and that his nick name was "little brown jug" Caratilde.

You may also view other family trees for immagrated Castorani's at my web site http://www.TheCastoraniFamily.com

Thank You all for your assistance and God Bless you all.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Carlo,

This is a link for the LDS church, family history library

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp

You can order microfilms for your families town in Italy. The films will contain marriage records, birth records, deaths etc. You should be able to find your great grandparents mothers and fathers etc.

Make sure to search to find an LDS research center near you. You're only allowed to view the microfilms at a center.

I hope this will help get you started.

Let us know how your search goes.

Best of luck
Elizabeth
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

You did a beautiful job with your website. Best of luck with your family search.