Cecchini family? PA.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dralstin

Cecchini family? PA.

Post by dralstin »

Seasons Greetings.

My name is Donna Ralstin-Lewis. I am the great granddaughter of Frank Cecchini of Shenandoah, Schuylkill Co., PA. I am searching for my family roots and have hit many dead ends. The problem is that my great grandmother (Isabel Yanchulis) divorced my great grandfather and left PA, never to speak of him again. We have desperately tried to find our family tree, but can only go so far. I am writing to you in the sincere hopes that you might be able to shed some light on our family.
As I said, my great grandfather?s name was Frank Cecchini (born: 28 Dec 1895, Died: 21 Feb 1963). His mother was Susan and father Peter or Pietro. They came though Ellis Island from Italy (records say from Rargo?not sure if that is correct?in 1893) and had at least two other sons, Michael and Pompia (or Pompeo). All three boys served in the military during WWI, Frank as a pilot. Frank and Isabel had four children: Mary (my grandmother), Francis, Bernice, and another child that died in childhood. My grandmother & her siblings are still alive and sometimes wonder about their father.
If you can shed any light on this family mystery or can point me in the right direction, please, please contact me at the information below. If you are unrelated & don?t know what I am talking about, please forgive the intrusion, and have a happy holiday season.

Thank you!!!!
Donna Ralstin-Lewis
d.ralstin@comcast.net
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Donna you talk about tracing your family tree but say nothing of how accomplished you are nor what websites,addresses or locations you have researched and contacted. For me or anyone else to start you off piecemeal is to do you a diservice since I feel thgat you want to be thorough, and trace your family with integrity and substantiation. Consequenly, I could help you best by suggersting that you purchase the book DISCOVERING YOUR ITALIAN ANCESTORS by Kynn Nelkson which you will read and take with you to the Family History Library of the Mormon church and rent out the microfilm for RARGO (You need to be certain of the town of origin since this is where all documents, history and history as well as current relatives are located. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Donna it is curious how nopne of the Francesco Cecchini entered the USA at Ellis Island in 1893 not unless he entered with another first name other than Francesco which is italian for Frank. May I suggest you give me chapter and verse of the record and his full name so that I can research the town name to assist you in your research. By the way there is another book which is also helpful and that is Italian genealogical Records by Traffor R. Cole It is an easy read and you will be on yourr way!!. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I have it now. gfrank came with his parents ince you did not specify I assumed Frank came as a young man. I check for his father and that is the date of arrival but the ships manifest, as you know, is not available so then next thing you do is file form 81 with NARA. Go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 with NARA (National Arcives NY Office), 201 Varcik Street. New York, N.Y. 10014-4811. Their telephone number is 212-401-1620 and Fax 212 401-1638.

By filing the form 81 they will furnbish you with the information of his town of origin and it will only cost abiout $10.00 if they find the appropriate record. Peter=Pietro and frank=francesco). Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: Rargo town not exist...probable exact spelling is Barga -Lucca province-Toscana region.
Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If yhou wish to accept Barga as the town f origin then go to the family history library of the mormon chburch and rent out the civil records for the town of Barga which date from 1866 to 1910. If you wish to go back further then you have (this is unusual ) to go to the Regional Toscana Microfilm for earlier years for Barga. Peter
Sharpie

Post by Sharpie »

Here is what I 1920 United States Federal Census

Cecchini, Margaret 28 1891 Pennsylvania White Shenandoah, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania

Ohio Deaths, 1958-2000 Frank Cecchini Male 15 February 1985 05 March 1906 Pennsylvania

1930 United States Federal Census

Angelo Cecchini 14 1915 Pennsylvania Inmate White Peekskill, Westchester, NY
Dante Cecchini 10 1919 Pennsylvania Inmate White Peekskill, Westchester, NY
Mary Cecchini 18 1911 Pennsylvania Roomer White Pittsburgh, Allegheny, PA
Denge Cecchini 24 1905 Pennsylvania Head White Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA

BUCHANAN, ALVIN H 14 Jul 1992 ALAMEDA 183284432 MALE 17 May 1936 PENNSYLVANIA CECCHINI this is from California Death Index, 1940-1997

Fred S Cecchini Pennsylvania Corporal United States Marine Corps Nov 25 1943 Missing. This comes from World War II and Korean Conflict Veterans Interred Overseas

Name: Frank Cecchini
Date of Death: 15 February 1985
Birth Date: 05 March 1906
Volume: 25941
Certificate: 009531
Autopsy: Yes - Used for certification
SSN: 271056315
Marital Status: Married
Hispanic Origin: Italian
Place of Death: Cleveland, Cuyahoga County
Certifier: Physician
Race: White
Birth Place: Pennsylvania
Residence: Cleveland, Cuyahoga County

Tom Cecchini 09 May 1855 30 M Leghorn, Italy NY Tuscany Tevere Gio Batta Gallo.

If any of these names can serve you let me know.

Sandra Lamolli
sharpie1@ptd.net
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Sharpie your response to this poster is out of line!!!!!!!She is looking to trace her family genealogy in Italy not the USA. Please do not interfere with an ongoing posting where your contribution is marginal. Peter
Sharpie

Post by Sharpie »

Dear Peter,

You seem to have a problem with me and I don't know why. I have access to certain information and If I can help anyone by all means I will try to do so.

When someone is tracing roots hints come from other sources. Anyone tracing their roots will know that dohh!!!

If the moderator or members meaning more then just you are against what I am doing let all the members post a message and tell me to stop trying to help.

If Donna thinks that I am interfering with marginal information by all means let her tell me herself with a post or any one else I have tried to help.

In the mean time Peter go about your business and I will go about mine.

Thank you so much for you kindness.

Sharpie/Sandra Lamolli
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Sandra you are obviously unable to see the reality of whats required in answering the postings. Your responses are marginal. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

DFear Sandra I remeber that when you first started with your family surname several years ago and the difficulties people had in dealing with your inquiries. Your following the same pattern of not relating to the reality of what people are asking or telling you. Peter
Sharpie

To the speaker for all the people in this forum Peter!!!

Post by Sharpie »

To the Speaker For All The People In This Forum Peter,

I see you think your the SPEAKER for all the People in this forum. Peter, shhhh!!! Let the people speak for them self please. Like I said if anyone has a problem with me provided information even if it is marginal let them speak for them self.

Forums are not for battling. I will not answer to any of your remarks anymore. You seem to be playing a childs game and I don't have time for that. This is not about me nor about you. This should not concern you.

I SAY LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!!

SEASONS GREETINGS PETER.

Sandra
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Sandra: not irritate you. Peter has manifested its thought of professional genealogist. Sure he does not want to offend nobody.
Peter has found your little inherent answers, does not want to offend you. Sure you can offer to your contribution here, if you can remain in topic perhaps is better, why the contribution will be remarkable and satisfactory. Peter prodigal a lot for all and reasons like professional genealogist, but she is an optimal person and sure he does not mean to offend nobody. Regards, suanj(excuse my english) :wink:

Hi Sandra: non irritarti. Peter ha manifestato il suo pensiero di genealogista. Certamente non vuole offendere nessuno. Peter ha trovato poco inerenti le tue risposte, non vuole offendere te. Certamente puoi offrire il tuo contributo qui, se puoi restare nel tema della domanda forse è meglio, perchè il contributo sarà notevole e soddisfacente. Peter si prodiga molto per tutti ed ragiona da genealogista professionale, ma è una ottima persona e certamente non intende offendere nessuno. Saluti, suani
cecchini-sposito

Re: Cecchini family? PA.

Post by cecchini-sposito »

Donna, I see this is an old post. I believe we are cousins. I have tried to contact your email but it is no longer valid. If you check this site , please update your email so we can talk Thanks, Mary
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: Cecchini family? PA.

Post by Squigy »

cecchini-sposito wrote:Donna, I see this is an old post. I believe we are cousins. I have tried to contact your email but it is no longer valid. If you check this site , please update your email so we can talk Thanks, Mary
I doubt she comes on this forum anymore. I did a search on her name, and some Oregon school came up. You might try searching for her on Facebook. Good luck!!