Help, help, help! Vicenza Help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KerryH

Help, help, help! Vicenza Help!

Post by KerryH »

We are looking to visit the Vicenza Region late next year and are looking for help in tracking down information on my husband's family. We only have an address in Sossano and the name of his Great Grandfather. We would appreciate any advice and help you can give us in how to find any information on his family. Are there any sources of information we can use, or anywhere we can write to for help? His name is Luigi Trivelli and he was born around the late 1880's early 1890's. The address is 'Louis Villa, Vencizra, Sosanno, Italy'. He came over to England in the early 1910's, apparently married a local girl in Folkestone (no marriage certificate found) and died apparently several years later (no death certificate located). This is all the information we have.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help, help, help! Vicenza Help!

Post by suanj »

maybe you mean : ROSSANO ( ROSSANO VENETO town in Vicenza province).. I don't know if it is a Sosanno town in Italy... suanj

PS: you sure that: "Vencizra" is Vicenza province wrong and not Venezia province? both are in Veneto region.. In Venezia province are SALZANO town... before of a search it is necessary to must sure abt the birthplace...
however Trivelli is no a surname of Veneto region... Trivelli is a surname of Molise and Lazio regions... especially..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

Yes, there is a little town located in Berici hills named Sossano (about 2.500 people living).
I worked a few time in anagrafe there but I don't remmeber any name as Trivelli. Anyway this is the page where you can find the email address of the anagrafe office
http://www.comune.sossano.vi.it/vivere/uffici_1.asp
The officer responsable is Barocco Arianna
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

oh yes SOSSANO ( 2 S) and not SOSANNO( 2 N)
" 'Louis Villa, Vencizra, Sosanno, Italy' "
yes SOSSANO is a italian common, and however Trivelli maybe is no a local surname.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH