Palazzo Mocenigo, Venice

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cranium

Palazzo Mocenigo, Venice

Post by cranium »

Would anyone have an idea where I could get historical information about the Palazzo Mocenigo.
My family worked there before it was turned into the museum. The family name is Caenazzo.
Kind regards
Cranium
Falcieri
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Palazzo Mocenigo, Venice

Post by Falcieri »

Hello,

I think you mean the costume museum? My family also worked at the Palazzo Mocenigo but the other one where Lord Byron lived. If you have found any information on how to trace families who worked at Palazzo's please let me know or if you think I might be able to help please let me know.

Regards,

Claudia
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The America-Italy society of Philadelphia is enagaged in Venitian restorations including the Palazzo Mocenigo and can be reached at 215-735-3250 and their e-mail is American-Italy society@rcn.com. Their website is www.america-italysociety.com/restore.shtml. =Peter=
Falcieri
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Falcieri »

Thank you Peter, very interesting!

Regards,

Claudia :idea:
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The website does not come up for me so if you type in the url by hand you might succeed........www. America-Italysociety.com/restore.shtml. =Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:The website does not come up for me so if you type in the url by hand you might succeed........www. America-Italysociety.com/restore.shtml. =Peter=
Here is the correct link (without the extra dot after shtml)
http://www.america-italysociety.com/restore.shtml
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Falcieri
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Falcieri »

HI Laura,

It is a beautiful, I went there when I was last in Venice which was 2 years ago. As a costume designer I was interested to see both the building and the contents. It is a magnificent place and the costumes are quite incredible.

This is a different Mocenigo Palace to the one my ancestors worked at, which is opposite the San Toma Traghetto. They worked under Lucia Mocenigo after her husband Alvise died.

Many thanks for the links!

Regards,

Claudia
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Livio thanks for catching me in your capable hands. The last dot is supposed to be a period at the end of a sentence. =Peter=
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

PeterTimber wrote:The last dot is supposed to be a period at the end of a sentence. =Peter=
Peter,

I now that you type really fast but if you pay attention to a small detail you won't have the occasional problem with links that don't lead to a website. If you get into the habit of leaving a space between the link and the next word or punctuation, you'll make your link a hyperlink or clickable link. For instance: http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com . And another example is http://www.italianamericans.com/ which sadly has been off air for a while now. Notice the space between the links and the next word or punctuation mark.

Hai capito? :D (This is what my cousin in Palermo says to me after she finishes a discorso. It is not meant in disrespect. )

cariños,
Maria (aka Airam)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear maria Thank you very much. I am sincere in expressing mygratitude to you since I know what you say is true and I am always going dipsy with typing e-mail addresses and websites at my usual galloping speed leaving a trail of dots and spaces to the winds of chance.

I wisjh to express my gratuitude by giving you a website that will enable you to confront her "discorsi" in palermitani with a glossary of Palermo's words which can be found at (Here we go!!) www.grifasi-sicilia.com/terminipalermitani.htm. With warm best wishes...=Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear maria Thank you very much. I am sincere in expressing mygratitude to you since I know what you say is true and I am always going dipsy with typing e-mail addresses and websites at my usual galloping speed leaving a trail of dots and spaces to the winds of chance.

I wish to express my gratuitude by giving you a website that will enable you to confront her "discorsi" in palermitani with a glossary of Palermo's words which can be found at (Here we go!!) www.grifasi-sicilia.com/terminipalermitani.htm. With warm best wishes...=Peter=
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

PeterTimber wrote: (Here we go!!) www.grifasi-sicilia.com/terminipalermitani.htm.
Thank you Peter but I can't access the website!!! 8O :lol: :roll:
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

Message posted twice. Delete.