Sarao from Marzano Appio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dhouser

Sarao from Marzano Appio

Post by dhouser »

I am researching the Sarao family of Marzano Appio. I have a family certificate from the State Office giving my this information:

Sarao Antonio 12/30/1882 Roccamonfina - 1/15/1957 Marzano Appio
Figlio di (son of, correct?) Gaetano e Filomena Fusco

Where do I write to get further info? I have tried Roccamonfina several times and only lost the postage I sent them......

Martellino Carmina 10/22/1879 Marzano Appio - 5/02/1963 Marzano Appio
Figlia di (daughter?) Gennaro e Paolina Di Sarro

Marzano Appio was lightening quick with my first request and now with trying to go back further, I have heard nothing (again losing alot of postage $)....how far back do their records go, anyone know?

Antonio and Carmina are my GGGrandparents...advice on where to go from here would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thx much!!!
Dawn[/i]
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

civil records in Marzano Appia go back to 1809 to 1865. Obtain the micorfilm for these civil records at the family history library of the Mormon church for a nominal amount and trace your family back. Prior to 1809 all records are in the churches in Marzano Appia and contact the curates of the parish (s) for any records but there its is touch ang o depending upon the curate. Peter
dhouser

Post by dhouser »

I see that you have written Marzano AppiA, the paper work I have says AppiO. Is there a difference and which should I ask for at the library?

Thx again!
Dawn
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I made an error in spelling. My apologies in offending your sensibilities with respect to a typo. Peter