Family living in different jurisdictions?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

Family living in different jurisdictions?

Post by davidlatour »

Does anyone know the best way for family members to apply if they live in different consulate jurisdictions? Most of my family lives in the San Francisco jurisdiction, but my sister lives in the L.A jurisdiction. How could we include her on our application without collecting doubles of all the documents?
Surnames: Campaniello - Ferraro - Paliano - Basile - Benvenuto - Rigieri
Gildone
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Family living in different jurisdictions?

Post by Gildone »

I don't know that you have much of a choice because both LA and San Francisco have long backlogs. The only thing that you could do that I can think of (and I'm not claiming to be correct) is to try to time your appointments so that the person who is in the easiest consular district gets through the process before the person in the more difficult consular district.
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

Post by davidlatour »

I think I'll just have my sister change her legal residency to my parents house before our appointment. I believe changing the address on your license in california is pretty straightforward and quick. Anyone see any problems with this?
Surnames: Campaniello - Ferraro - Paliano - Basile - Benvenuto - Rigieri
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Post by peggymckee »

davidlatour wrote:Anyone see any problems with this?
Her auto insurance company might! All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi