Searching for Calamusa from Corleone, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Searching for Calamusa from Corleone, Sicily

Post by Mardi »

My great grandparents were born in Corleone, Sicily. How can I get information on their deaths in Corleone: MARCHIONE CALAMUSA BORN 1837 AND CATARINA LOBELLO BORN 1842
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Searching for Calamusa from Corleone, Sicily

Post by PeterTimber »

In obtaining documents from Italy the service is normally free. Go to www.mangeruca.com for Italian form letters in Italian (with english translation) and send it to Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Corleone, Postale 90034, Palermo Province, Sicily, Italy.

Enclose a self addressed envelope with $5-10 US$ ($US1.00=EuroI 60 cents) since the clerks perform their research duty at the end of day and are poorly paid. Wait about 6-8 weeks. =Peter=
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

The Family History Center has the civil registrations for Corleone from 1820 to 1895. Here is the info.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

Thank you Peter for your response, I will type the form letter and send it out on Monday.

Also misbris, for the information on Family History Center.

Have quite a few relativies that came from Corleone, Sicily that all we have is a name and birth year.

Thank you
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

Peter on the form letter that I will be sending for request for Certificates. It said to enclose 10,000 lire.....how much is that in US $. Also do I have to register the mail that I will be sending. It also said to enclose two International Reply coupons. I guess that I can get this from my local post office. Thank you for your help............Mardi
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Mardi forget about the Lire and postal coupons sentence. its outdated but doinclude the $5-$10.00 tip as you feel since the service is free.Most people ignore this line and thank you for bringing it up. I must admit that I have overlooked that sentence myself. Lots of luck. =Peter=
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

An easy to use site for converting Euro to US dollar:

Euro to Dollar

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."