S Marco, Lucca where is it?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
cacello

S Marco, Lucca where is it?

Post by cacello »

I have found birth and marriage records of my ancestors on LDS microfilm of Lucca Vital Records. Some of the records list S Marco as the place of residence. One even has it written as S Marco (Lucca).
I am unable to find a map that shows S Marco in Lucca.
Can anyone tell me if S Marco (possibly short for San Marco) is a street name in Lucca? Of if it is a small town close by? Or an area within the town?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: S Marco, Lucca where is it?

Post by suanj »

cacello wrote:I have found birth and marriage records of my ancestors on LDS microfilm of Lucca Vital Records. Some of the records list S Marco as the place of residence. One even has it written as S Marco (Lucca).
I am unable to find a map that shows S Marco in Lucca.
Can anyone tell me if S Marco (possibly short for San Marco) is a street name in Lucca? Of if it is a small town close by? Or an area within the town?
Hi: San Marco is an fraction(little village in land Common of Lucca town), therefore San Marco pertaining Lucca town...regards, suanj
cacello

Post by cacello »

suanj,
Thank you for your reply.
Do you happen to know where it is located? Is there any church or other landmark in the area, that would help me locate it on a map of Lucca?
Do you know if it is inside or outside the walls of Lucca?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

why don't you go to www.google.com and see if there is information about the "frazione". If you want a map o to the home page of this website and in the column atg the left look under locations in Italy and click for map. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

cacello wrote:suanj,
Thank you for your reply.
Do you happen to know where it is located? Is there any church or other landmark in the area, that would help me locate it on a map of Lucca?
Do you know if it is inside or outside the walls of Lucca?
Hi frazione San marco in Lucca town is to east periphery of Lucca town..I've not others records..regards, suanj
candela

Post by candela »

Hi! San Marco is a frazione of Lucca comune. My ancestors were from the San Marco. My name is Candela, and I ´m from the Argentina. The surnames of my ancestors are: Lollini and Pellegrini. My mail is candulina@hotmail.com
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

did you do what I told you?? Hizo lo que decia yo???? Peter
cacello

Post by cacello »

I did look up the frazione San Marco on google, an though there was noththing specific about the town, I did find a hotel that was located there and the hotel web site had a map with the location. It is just outside the walls of Lucca, on the east side, as Suanj had said.

Candela, I have a Great Great Grandmother that was a Pellegrini,
she was from Valgiano which is a town not far from Lucca and San Marco.
The family names I am researching in San Marco are Pucci and Giusti.

Thanks for everyones help,
Cacello