little docs/info on Non-Italian side?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

little docs/info on Non-Italian side?

Post by jeannierivera »

I am a busy bee this morning...too many cups of coffee I suppose.

Any input helpful! - Miami Consulate

I am going to be applying for citizenship through my GG-GF so many docs required.

MY GG-GF - I have his BC from Sorrrento, Italy - and a cert letter from the comune of No marriage record found. ??? I also cannot find his wife, my gg-gm birth record.

I am figuring that she was probaby born somewhere else, and I cannot locate that info? problem number 1

MY G-GF - I have his BC from NYC, his marriage cert and his death cert... I also have his wife my G-gm death cert and here we go again - cert of no birth record found - docs say she was born in NYC

MY GF - I am still waiting on his BC, nyc said I wasn't entitled to it, but I send another letter including his death cert so that should suffice, but who knows with NYC? I am waiting on the marriage doc, over 50 yrs old so it shouldn't be a problem....LIVING GM no cooperative so I do not know if I can obtain her BC, she is still living so I cannot get it from NYC

then of course my parents BC, MC I have them
and the rest of the docs are for my family, me, hubby, kids...

So what is going on with the women in my family...

no bc for gg-gm, no bc for g-gm and no bc for living gm????? any suggestions? They are not in the line that I am applying through....so you think it wouldn't be a problem but these items are on the list of things that I am going to need. Has anyone else run into anything similar???

Sorry for all the different posts this morning...trying to keep all the madness and issues separate :) Thanks to everyone for all your help. You guys are great!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: little docs/info on Non-Italian side?

Post by wldspirit »

I am figuring that she was probaby born somewhere else, and I cannot locate that info? problem number 1
Have you located her ship manifest? May list town of origin. Marriages were held in the brides town of origin, so if we find the town of birth, we find her marriage record as well.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
JMFL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JMFL »

My mom and I applied vor ital. cit in Miami this past July. My mom got her letter of Italian Citizenship two weeks later, mine arrived just last week as I had a mispelling in my birth certificate.

As far as Miami goes, you only need the birth, marriage certifcates in the direct line. i applied me_my mom- my GF. I needed the following:

My GF birth cert from Italy, his letter of Italian citizenship from the comune, a letter of no record found on his marriage from the comune in Italy. I did not need his death certificate.

My mom, her birth certificate (NYC), her marriage certificate (NYC), I did not need my Dad's records at all.

Me, my birth certificate (NY State), my marriage cert (FL). I did not need documents for my husband.

Hope this is helpful to you, good luck
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeannierivera »

I completely forgot about "his letter of Italian citizenship from the comune" I need to write the comune for that. I am still waiting for the letter of no record from USCIS - I might be waiting for a while.

Do you suppose I have enough docs to make my appointment with the consulate?? I haven't scheduled the appt. that et for fear that I wouldn't have all the docs in time OR that I would need that non-italian line ...

For the letter of citizenship...what did you ask the comune for? Not sure how to word my request.
JMFL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JMFL »

I asked the comune to write a letter that said that Joe Smith, (not real name) born on such date in comune was an Italian citizen in good standing as of such and such date, which was the date he left Italy and headed to America. They put the comune seal on it and that was fine for Miami.

Keep it simple and the comune should be able to do it for you.
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeannierivera »

I will send my request right away. Thanks - will keep you posted.