ITALIAN TO ARGENTINA AND BRASIL

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bru

ITALIAN TO ARGENTINA AND BRASIL

Post by bru »

I am trying to find a Pietro (Pedro) Torretta or Rosa Torretta that emigrated from italy to São Paulo, Brasil in the 1880's. Where is the best place for me to start looking? Does anyone know if the name Torretta comes from a particular region of italy? Thank you.

Sto cerando per Pietro (Pedro) Torretta o Rosa Torretta è andato in São Paulo, Brasil dal'italia piu di questa non lo so. Se qualcuno sa se il nome Torretta viene dal un regione particulare per favore fammi sapere e anche dove posso andare per trovare piu informazione. vi ringrazio.
evarfino

Re: ITALIAN TO ARGENTINA AND BRASIL

Post by evarfino »

bru wrote:I am trying to find a Pietro (Pedro) Torretta or Rosa Torretta that emigrated from italy to São Paulo, Brasil in the 1880's. Where is the best place for me to start looking? Does anyone know if the name Torretta comes from a particular region of italy? Thank you.

Sto cerando per Pietro (Pedro) Torretta o Rosa Torretta è andato in São Paulo, Brasil dal'italia piu di questa non lo so. Se qualcuno sa se il nome Torretta viene dal un regione particulare per favore fammi sapere e anche dove posso andare per trovare piu informazione. vi ringrazio.
Acho que vc. fala portugues, por isso falo na sua lingua. A maioria dos Torretta ficam concentrados na area de Milão, alem disso não sei como ajudar vc. Tente pesquisar na guia do telefone da Italia (www.info412.it)

Neste site da pra ver a distribuição dos sobrenomes na italia: http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html

Até logo...
Evar
bru

torretta family

Post by bru »

Evar,
Agradeço a dica e vou tentar encontrar alguma coisa.
Mas, não está fácil e se vc ficar sabendo de mais alguma coisa, me avisa
Obrigada
Bru
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: ITALIAN TO ARGENTINA AND BRASIL

Post by suanj »

bru wrote:I am trying to find a Pietro (Pedro) Torretta or Rosa Torretta that emigrated from italy to São Paulo, Brasil in the 1880's. Where is the best place for me to start looking? Does anyone know if the name Torretta comes from a particular region of italy? Thank you.

Hi: the Torretta surname originally coming from Sicily(towns:Palermo,Prizzi, Naro etc..), and diffused in the years in all Italy, especially in Pavia/Milano province Lombardia region..for your search is necessary to know exact year of emigration, age emigration of Pietro, and surname Pietro's mother...
In Argentina are emigrated this Torretta persons(but not are italian origin place):
TORRETTA ANTONIO

TORRETTA ANTONIO

TORRETTA ANTONIO

TORRETTA ASSUNTA

TORRETTA BATTISTA

TORRETTA BATTISTA

TORRETTA CARLO

TORRETTA CARLO

TORRETTA CARLO

TORRETTA CATTERINA

TORRETTA CESARE

TORRETTA DAVIDE

TORRETTA DOMENICA

TORRETTA ERMENEGILDA

TORRETTA GIACOMO

TORRETTA GIACOMO

TORRETTA GIOVANNI

TORRETTA GIUSEPPE

TORRETTA GIUSEPPE

TORRETTA GIUSEPPE

TORRETTA GIUSEPPE

TORRETTA GPPE

TORRETTA LUIGI

TORRETTA LUIGI

TORRETTA MARGHERITA

TORRETTA MARGHERITA

TORRETTA MARIA

TORRETTA MARTINO

TORRETTA MATTEO

TORRETTA MATTEO

TORRETTA MICHELE

TORRETTA MICHELE

TORRETTA STEFANO

not are records for Torretta's emigration in Brasil.
But is interesting know that, the name Pietro Torretta is common in Sicily(various persons homonymus..)..regards, suanj
bru

Torretta family

Post by bru »

Hi Suanj
I'll try to find more data about him and, so, I'll ask you for help. I'd like to thank you for informations.
Bru.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Torretta family

Post by suanj »

bru wrote:Hi Suanj
I'll try to find more data about him and, so, I'll ask you for help. I'd like to thank you for informations.
Bru.
HI bru: for search italian origin place of Torretta's ancestors, is necessary discover surname of Pietro's mother..is necessary discover also probable max aproximative year of birth..(year of emigration- age of emigration)..regards, suanj