cadastral office

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

cadastral office

Post by jolynn »

hello, does anyone know what a cadastral office is? also does anyone know anything about the cadastral office of santa maria capua vetere. i have been told that records of the pre- italy times for the kingdom of naples may be there. also some records for cassino and cervaro pre 1860 may also be there. does anyone know? any help appriciated, regards, john
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: cadastral office

Post by wldspirit »

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it has something to do with land registry and taxation value.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thankyou for that, could it be were they kept a record of property in villages towns etc. and who lived there. something like what the doomsday book recorded, regards, john
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

hi jolinn,

the cadastral (cadastre) office is the land register office. in italian : ufficio del catasto....

bye
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hi. thankyou for your reply, do you know the address of the one in santa maria capua vetere? grazie, john
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

hi john,

this is the address :

UFFICIO DEL CATASTO
Via Albana,
Palazzo Lucarelli 2° p.
81055 - Santa Maria Capua Vetere (CE)

ITALIA

BEST REGARDS
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

Our offices deal with Italian Cadastral records daily in the context of succession filings, i,e,. inhertiance filings for present and historical transfer of title.

If you are looking for (abandoned) property, former title holders, wills, gifts, etc. we are a source outside of Italy for such information.

To be clear be are not genealogy service but have access to official records by accessing servers in Italy directly.

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco office.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello, i am trying to find out whether an aquila conte owned any property in and around cassino and cervaro between 1873 and 1896. i wondered if the cadastral office would hold records. thankyou, regards, john
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

There are two sources to obtain this information. Given the age, the Cadastral records may show this information and the records of the Conservatory will certainly contain the records. However, the later given the age are not digitized.

The starting point in either case is the full name and birth date.

Recall that we do not do pure geneaology research. We do it in realation to Italian estate matters.

What is the name of the person and birthdate?

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello. i am still trying to find my ggrandfathers birthdate but i believe it was approx. 1855 and his name was aquila conte, also after he died would it have gone over to his wife who was rosa conte born 8 feb 1856 in cassino or cervaro. her maiden name i beleive was marandola, thankyou, regards, john
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

I checked the Catastral data base accessing the server in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (Caserta) from our office in San Francisco using the following criteria:

Aquila Conte born in Cassino and also then in Santa Maria Capua Vetere
Rosa Marandola same as above.

(if any of the above is incorrect, then another search should be done)

Using a global search I did not need a birth date since no property was found. You will say but they are both dead. Yes, but that does not mean that property could not still be in their name(s).

For another client in Los Angelas who wanted to inherit the property, the oldest record ever found in line was in Palermo (a building)... still on title was someone born in 1866.

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

jolynn wrote:hello. i am still trying to find my ggrandfathers birthdate but i believe it was approx. 1855 and his name was aquila conte, also after he died would it have gone over to his wife who was rosa conte born 8 feb 1856 in cassino or cervaro. her maiden name i beleive was marandola, thankyou, regards, john
John
Back then women could not inherit. The land would have gone to the son(s) even if they were minors - not the wife. Also, unless your g grandfather married a woman with the same surname her name would not have been Conte. A woman did not take her husband's surname as her own.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello, thankyou for the replies, aquila died approx 1895, that left rosa with her 5 children, would she then have gone under the name conte or her own name which was di nallo or marandola, you see she remarried a couple of years later to a man whose name i do not know, i know one thing and that on her alien registration card in engaland in 1920 she was called marandola, could this have been her second husbands name or her maiden name. there is also the name di nallo which is a local name around cassino, now this name was accidently put on the birth certificate of her grandchild in england. when the registrar asked maria who was rosa,s daughter for mothers maiden name she gave di nallo which i beleive she thought they were asking for her mothers maiden name not her own which was conte. quite confusing isn,t it. rosa,s second husband did not come to england in 1902 with rosa because she left him as he was not nice to her. like i said on the alien reg. card it said rosa marandola born cassino 8th feb. 1856 also her passport no. which was issued by the police in italy. it is so difficult finding anything out as they came from the cassino area and most records were destroyed in the war. i believe the priest in cervaro has some original records which he is reluctant to let anyone see as they are in poor condition, i can understand that but how else am i to confirm my ancestry. any idea,s would be appriciated, kind regards, john
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

If the information was issued in Italy, then it was her maiden name. Women in Italy never took their husband's surnames.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Cathynap wrote:If the information was issued in Italy, then it was her maiden name. Women in Italy never took their husband's surnames.
And I believe they still retain their maiden names today. Can someone verify this?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database